{epilogue}

"Emotion is a wild thingTogether we can tame itLook againDon't you realiseIt's in my eyes"

Together we can tame it
Look again
Don't you realise
It's in my eyes"

"Emotion is a wild thingTogether we can tame itLook againDon't you realiseIt's in my eyes"

2 Years Later . . .

In the heart of Lavender Park, on a large picnic blanket that creates a barrier from the itchy grass, I lay on my back. The rays of sunshine illuminate my face, warming my rosy cheeks. I reach up and run my fingers through my hair that falls just above my collarbone now. Short hair definitely shaped my face better than longer did, and that's a fact.

The birds sing high upon the trees in this warm spring. I take in a breath, and then another. The familiar botanical aroma fills my nostrils, followed by fresh cut grass and pastries from the café on the corner of first street. Spring has always been my favorite. Well, in all honesty, every season is my favorite. But there's just something different about spring. Just saying the word 'spring' makes me happier. Spring reminds me of lemons and flowers and being outdoors, despite the allergies.

As I release my breath, I get the sudden urge to pull out my journal and write. Opening my eyes I'm blinded by the brightness of the sun. I rub my eyes, curse at myself for forgetting I had mascara on, and shove my hand into my purse. My fingers find the vintage leather almost immediately. I bite my lip as I open the journal, flipping through page after page. Have I really used up every single page?

I skim the rest of the journal for a blank area, then of course, the last page is open for my creativity. I click my pen a few times as always. Inspiration comes and goes so differently now, and writers block is always a bitch. What to write, what to write, I think. As I sigh and almost accept defeat, I look up and realize the inspiration was in front of me the whole time.

And here you are
my love
my light
my life.

I look at you and
I see
the universe
in your eyes
and your laugh
is my big bang.

You're my beginning
and also
the end
of my loneliness.

I promise you
I will catch you
if you fall
and teach you
to stand up.