{four}

"I could feel the tensionWe could cut it with a knifeI know it's more than just a friendshipI can hear you thinking about it, yeah"

We could cut it with a knife
I know it's more than just a friendship
I can hear you thinking about it, yeah"

"I could feel the tensionWe could cut it with a knifeI know it's more than just a friendshipI can hear you thinking about it, yeah"

That night had to be the best slumber I've had in months. Not because the storm stopped—no. Because it felt like strong, muscular arms were holding me closely all night long. Miguel's scent stuck to my body like super glue, and I don't mind.

I sat up and stretched my arms over my head. My arms awkwardly popped and I grimaced. My nose is blocked and throat is sore from last nights adventure, I'll have to remember to take that godawful DayQuil. Swinging my legs out of bed, I get a full view of my curtains lightly swaying with the wind. Gina must have cracked my window.

I escape from the sheets and saunter to the window. The sky is a beautiful ocean blue color—no clouds in sight. Which is odd considering it's November. Birds sing in harmony and jump from branch to branch.

"Buenos días, bella. Beautiful day, huh?" Miguel greets. I jump back from the windowsill and catch my foot on my boots. Not a second later, I'm on the floor. I groan and rub my aching forehead.

     Well, there goes my perfect morning.
     "Are you okay, princesa?" Miguel yells across the way. The tone of his voice holds amusement coupled with care. Care?

     "Uh-yeah," I stand to my height, with the help of the windowsill, and sway on my feet. I grab the windowsill for support while my head runs light. "No."

     "I'm coming over," Miguel confirms. My head jerks towards him. He's already running around his room, tugging on a black T-shirt. The same shirt I'm wearing.

     Dread seeps in my veins. "Are you kidding? You can't!"

     "And why not?" Is that a challenge I hear?

     "Because—Because . . . I said so." I huff and cross my arms over my chest.

     "Yeah, not good enough." He gracefully struts out his door.