{thirteen}

"We found each otherI helped you out of a broken placeYou gave me comfortBut falling for you was my mistake"

I helped you out of a broken place
You gave me comfort
But falling for you was my mistake"

     Have you ever felt so lost and feel impossible to find yourself? Maybe you've tried something and was unable to succeed? Maybe you put too much hope into something that doesn't even exist? Well, welcome to my world

     Have you ever felt so lost and feel impossible to find yourself? Maybe you've tried something and was unable to succeed? Maybe you put too much hope into something that doesn't even exist? Well, welcome to my world. I don't know what it feels like to be part of a team, let alone a group. I mean, I've just recently made friends that are trying to gain my trust, but they all have something. From wit to smarts. From looks to charm. From kindness to smart mouth. Me on the other hand have yet to find something to describe who I am. It may seem like I'm talking labels, but its more of a personality thing.

     So far the only thing I've come up with for myself is broken. Shattered like fragile glass that's been tampered with, stained red with pain, or perhaps that's my blood.

I just wish to stand out apart from the crowd, not blend in with it like a sappy camouflage.

"Hello? Earth to Lydia?" Sabrina waves her manicured hand in front of my face, pulling me out of whatever trance held me captive.

"Sorry," I trail behind her as we step onto the malls' escalator. It's a Monday, so the mall is surprisingly quiet compared to a weekend. A few new sale signs hang in the windows of various stores, some saying "50% OFF," then you squint and read the fine print at the bottom, "selected lines."

Sabrina takes my hand and drags me from store to store, blowing cash as if your wallet refilled itself with the precious aged paper that defines your wealth and class. The paper bags resting on my fingers for so long causes them to ache. I set my bags down and stretch my fingers that have little red lines between the distal and middle creases.

Sabrina rolls her eyes. "Oh, come on Lydia." She laughs and sets her bags down next to mine. "This is fun, isn't it!"

I give into her happiness and smile. "Yeah, it's been a while since I've shopped with anyone besides Daniel."

"Who's Daniel?"

"He's my older brother. I always use to drag him to the mall with me and he'd literally follow behind me like a kid that dropped his ice cream!" I giggle at the memories of Daniel and I.