•7•

Wild thoughts spun around my head so fast I couldn't think straight. It was whilst walking to my next class, which was mathematics, I was arguing against myself in my own mind.

'Did I do something wrong?'  Pulling up my thumb to my mouth, biting the fingernail as I was deep in thought. 'Maybe I'm not welcome here?'

Trotting to the end of the overflowing hallway, I see Matt and Edd come in to my view, 'Seems that they are also in this class, huh.'

"Hey guys." I whisper a greeting to them, raising my hand slightly as an attempted wave.

"Hey Todd!" Matt says a bit too loud, gaining some strange looks from fellow classmates.

"Greetings, welcome to the sequel to hell, also know as second period." I get a laugh out of Edd.  "Even worse, it's math!"

Squeezing in the line behind Edd, the door to our next classroom slowly creams open, revealing a tall, elderly lady with the lenses of her glasses being bigger than the entirety of my hand.

She clears her throat, a small 'ahem' is softly muttered- "ALRIGHT!" Nearly everyone in the queue flinched, not expecting that from such a sweet looking old woman.

"LINE UP PROPERLY, YA LITTLE DEVILS!" She screamed again. "YOU ALL KNOW HOW IT IS BY NOW!" She strolled down the line, hands fastened behind her back, as students muttered their good-mornings to her along the way.

Once she passed us, we all muttered our own echo of the good morning that was expected. When she was finally out of sight, Edd looks over his shoulder. "Oh, and by the way," He whispered back to me. "That's Mrs. Jackson, don't mess with her- she's a right old fart." He snorted.

Mrs. Jackson finally finished taking her stroll down the line, before returning to the front and entering the classroom as the line of lost ducklings followed through.

We then got taken into the classroom, it had desks in a formation just like geography's desks. That's when the panic set in. "Alright everyone, average seating plan. You all know the drill." She listlessly announced as it sounded like she was a scratched record on repeat. When everyone was scattering to get to their seats, I had noticed one good thing - Tom wasn't present in the class. 'Maybe he's in a different one? Why am I questioning it? Be happy he's not here!'

Mrs. Jackson  had already placed our books on the assigned seats we are always now sat on, seemingly in every other subject too, guessing all the classrooms are the same. But when I started looking around; I couldn't find mine.

Searching and wondering around for a few minutes, everyone seemed to settle as I finally found my book, a newly written name on it, it clearly being Mrs. Jackson's due to the extreme use of cursive handwriting. However, there was one downside to this, as my book sat next to one single, green-front-covered book. A little glance at the name and I already knew how all of my classes were going to go.

I cussed, not out loud though, more like a whisper. Of course it was Tom's book. Whatever - or whoever - put me next to Tom for five hours a day sure does despise me.

I sat down at my desk, getting comfy again, preparing for another round of hell. Somehow the weight on my shoulders lightened as he wasn't here yet - and hopefully never will be.

"Alright, brats." The husky voice of the teaching mistress came from the front desk, "Listen up for the register."

The register went on for like hours, until it got to my name,

"To—" She paused, "How do I pronounce this?"

Softly, I let out a sigh. "Tord." I answer her respectfully. "Tord Larsson."

A few mimics of my name flew around the classroom after that, some mimicking my accent and some mimicking my name, truly it didn't bother me. Totally didn't bother me. Totally. Thank God that Mrs. Jackson stared down the people doing it, they knew to shut up then.

Her eyes drifted over to me, as she proceeded to look me up and down, examining me. "Are you new?" She asks out of the blue.

"Yes." It's hard not to be sarcastic nor be rude at this moment, keep it simple Tord.

"Oh, no wonder I've not seen your face around here."

She just carries on the register after the 'talk' while on the other hand, I just continue to do whatever I physically can to get out of the boredom.

"Thomas." She reads out. "Thomas?" She repeats.

"I think he's skipping again." A random kid calls out, I couldn't see who though.

'Talk faen for det.' (Thank fuck for that.) I jested, letting out a sigh of relief.

After completing my work and doing all the extra challenges, I decide I need a break. My 'break' concluded of nothing but listening to the screams and obnoxiously loud chatter and myself constantly telling I wanted to leave.

Finding my breaking point, I couldn't listen to the noise anymore. I plop my hand up, and Mrs comes over to my desk.

"What?" She asks, like she's bored of us already.

"May I go to the bathroom?" I ask, still trying to sound polite to make a good first impression.

"Sure, go." She replies, pointing to the door with her thumb completely emotionless.

I walk out into the hallway, the bathroom being right round the corner from where my classroom was - remembering I saw it on my way here - making it an easy trip.

Pushing the glass door open, observing the tinted blue walls with some patches of pen marks, scratches and drawings scattered along them. Two top windows where open so you could hear some birds chirping very faintly.

Walking over to the toilet stall, I notice that the middle of the three was... Locked.

Was someone in there? Jævla (goddamnit), all I wanted was peace and quiet for a few minutes in this so-far-chaotic day.

"Hello?" My voice echos, "Is anyone in there?"