•11•

I'm out of my mind if I actually think I'm going to do anything with this packet of free lung cancer; but the temptation to try one flew around my mind.

Staring at the small greyscale box, the miniature devil on my shoulder whispered lustful lies about how cool I'd look if I smoked, while the angel on my left shoulder didn't mutter a peep.

Swiping away the two condescending thoughts,  I tried to focus on the lesson being taught.

It took a total of two minutes and fourteen seconds for the lesson to get boring. My head was on my desk immediately, focus driving towards the ominous packet in my pockets instead.  Making the idea to actually try one was insane; but what was I meant to do? Give it back to Tom?

Ripping out a page from the back of my new book, I scribble down some potential ideas of how I could resolve this strange tension.

After covering some ideas, I start taking notes on the paper secretly. This is fucking insane." I thought. "Well, who cares."

Looking down at the writing again, sighing. I pulled out a red sharpie marker from my backpack and circled the only two words that stood alone on the paper.

TRY IT.

I quickly had a mental argument with myself after making the clearly stupid - yet rebellious idea and couldn't help but chuckle softly. "Heh, why not?"

Continuing to try keep my eyes from slipping closed, the clock ticked by slowly. Eventually, when the bell delighted my ears with is familiar burst of noise, everyone was running to escape the cramped, sweaty room (teachers included).

Battling to get out of the small doorway, I slipped between my classmates as I made an escape to the field.

Stopping and raising an eyebrow, I realise that now was the perfect time to put my master plan in to action.