Chapter 13

Aron's heart dropped. He knew it. He felt it. He saw it. They noticed him, and suddenly, the tension just grew and grew. It was suffocating, and the deafening silence didn't help..

"....Aron?!?!?"

    "....Hey." I looked away, and let out a sigh. Holy hell....

    "What the hell are YOU doing here?!" George snapped.

    "Come on guys I-"

    "Why would you bring HIM, Danny?!" Jordon questioned.

    "W-Well I-"

    "Are you two... together!?" Jorel asked. He seemed a bit heartbroken, and slightly hurt, but tried hiding it. It wasn't working.

    "Guys I-"

    "He needs to go. Leave." George hissed, then I snapped.

"Let him speak, fuck!!"

That's when Jorel turned to me. "Hold on, I thought you said-- you said you almost hit him while driving home. That he was a semi-stranger."

    "That was a long time ag-"

    "What are you forcing him to do!? He shouldn't be getting manipulated by the likes of you, or anyone." Jordon growled
    That broke me a little inside. "Well, he's already been going through that with Georgie here, now hasn't he?" That got George's attention, and he quickly stood up. "Wanna say that again, bitch?!"

    Danny intervened. "Guys, come on stop this!!"

    "Why?!" We all said in unison.

    "Because Aron is-he's a good guy!! He's nice!! He's changed from what you know him as!!"

    I saw it. Danny did that... little quirk. His little shiver, very subtle shiver, and slightly shifting his weight to one side. 'He lied...?'

    "There's no changing for him, Danny."

    "Let him prove it."

    They seemed to actually consider doing this, which is surprising. 'Do they really trust Danny that much...?'

    "...Fine," Matty finally spoke up. Of course he would. He was always nicer than the others, and seemed to get along with Danny very well. "If he says you're cool, then we have no reason to not trust him." Danny smiled brightly, and took a seat when Matty scooted over, pulling me down next to him.

. . .

    After a little while, we all engaged into a conversation, but the intensity of the tension was still there, especially in Ragan. He seemed ready to jump up and beat in my face, but thankfully, Danny's happiness was more important to some of them, especially Matty and Dylan. They're the ones who kept George at bay for the moment. Yet, that seemed impossible. Who was really the reason that George didn't just get up, and break my bones.

    I looked over when Danny let out a small, cute squeak as he yawned. Jorel shot me a glare, but I really don't know why. I looked to Jorel, and felt my smile drop... 'Was I smiling at Danny? And is that the reason Jorel shot me a glare...?'

    "Thanks for inviting us guys--"

    "You. We invited you and someone you found interest in." J3T growled.

    "Yeah, but tha-"

    "He was uninvited, Daniel."

    "..."