Losing Hope

I live in the United State, but we don't feel very united anymore. 

We're split not quite down the middle, then again in several places. 

We fight tooth and nail from one side to the other until something tragic happens. 

We come together to cry and mourn. To pray for the victims and for their families. 

What does prayer do, what does words do? It won't bring them back.

Then the next day it doesn't matter the tragedy, you need to pick a side again. 

The families don't matter only the policies. 

Is it just another article to read as your scrolling through facebook, instagram, twitter.

Do you shed a tear at the people who are lost? Do you read their names? 

I'm losing hope in a country that values the right to access guns more then they value the lives being lost by those guns.

It can't be that hard to make a change so why have there been 30 mass shootings in 2018 already alone?

I'm not losing hope. I've lost it. 

I've read their names, I cried my eyes out and I am sure I will continue to do so because there is nothing that I can do, to bring anyone back. There's nothing I can do to stop the man who got the gun. I can only try my hardest to stop it from happening again. 

I can only try my hardest and hope that the next time this happens, it isn't to me or my family. Because with how things are going there is going to be a next time. And I wish with everything in me, I wish with my entire being that I can stop this. But I can't.