My Heart

You were my first best friend, my biggest fan, you were the one who supported me through everything.
I was your girl, your baby, you were the first to hold me. The first to love me.
You haven't really been here for awhile, three years ago you started to lose yourself. You met my boyfriend and said he was cute, told us we would make cute kids and then after that you had to be put in a place to help you. You lost who you were slowly day by day. We lost you.
Everytime we visited you would look at us blankly. A small amount of recognition like you knew it was us be we looked different...older. Me especially because I was the youngest. Every now and again we would get a call. You would talk, I would hear your voice and things just felt okay again. Like you would ask me when I was coming over again.
I remember you waving on your porch Everytime we left, all the conversations we would have and how I would always spend the night. I'd hide from my mom when she came to pick me up because I didn't want to leave. We did puzzles and gambled. Rummy and penny enny.  You'd crochet and I'd watch tv.
You were my childhood, I was your world. I was your heart and you were mine. You will always be mine.
I love you and I miss you. I hope you were right and that heaven existed all along.