May 14th

It's my birthday today. I turn twenty. Well, honestly I have already turned twenty since I was born at eleven seventeen in the morning. Everyone says that twenty is a birthday that doesn't matter, it is between birthdays that do like when you turn twenty one. But there's something about twenty that just, means something to me, I'm no longer a teen. I remember my thirteenth birthday, I was sitting on my kitchen table making a facebook account because I was finally old enough to make one and I actually listened to my mom when she said I couldn't until I was old enough. It was a big day for me, thirteen was a big day but that's really all I can remember. Just like ten was a big day for me. Double digits and teenage years. And then I hit sixteen and I was able to  drive except I didn't start driving until I was almost eighteen, but I got my first job at sixteen, I started dating my boyfriend when I was sixteen. When I was eighteen I graduated high school and started college. Now I'm twenty. Those are all big years, 10, 13, 16 and 18. But now I am twenty and everyone tells me this year doesn't matter. 

But this year matters. I'm not a teen anymore and I finally am coming into adulthood for real this time. Eighteen signifies that I am adult but I am not really one until there isn't a teen in my age and there isn't anymore. I am not a child and maybe I can't legally drink but this age matters because I have another age under my belt, I have lived throughout the entire age of 19. and now I'm onto twenty.