Prolouge

Your POV

Father wants me to go into the village with him. I guess since I don't really have any friends. We mounted his horse and rode off into the village. His horse thundering down the dirt path. The wind whistling passed us. We arrived at a small cottage and father dismounted the horse. Walking towards the the small cottage. Father knocked and a boy around 13 or 14, with black hair, brown eyes, and light tan skin.

"How may I help you?" He asked.

"I just wish for you to spend time with my daughter," Father informed, gesturing to me, "I hope your father won't mind."

"Um I don't know..." The boy said, unsure.

"I'm sure it will be fine for Y/n to stay for a moment or two. She'll be gone by 5 o'clock," Father reassured.

"Alright. I'm sort of lonely here anyways," The boy said, slightly smiling and turning to me.

I smiled back.

"Splendid! I'll see you both soon," Father smiled, walking over to me.

He helped me down and I walked over to the boy. I waved my Father goodbye as rode off towards the castle.

"Come in, milady," the boy gestured.

"Please, call me Y/n," I reassured.

We sat down at his dinner table and we started talking.

"How old are you?" I questioned.

"I'm 14. You?" He answered.

"15. Four more years until I have to be married off like the rest of my sisters," I chuckled half-heartedly.

"What's it like, being a princess?" He asked.

"Well, it's not like you'd think. Sure you get pampered and have people at your beck and call, but you barely go out and see the world," I informed.

"Interesting, I never thought about it like that. I never go out because of my father. He's worried that someone will hurt me," he told me.

There was a sudden knock on the door and the boy hurriedly got up and opened it.

"Father!" The boy said shocked.

He backed away from the door and let The Dark One in.

Whoa, is the Dark One his father?!

"Bae, who's this?" The Dark One asked his son.

"Uh this is Y/n. Her father wanted her to stay for a while," the boy replied.

"Y/n? As in the royal princess, Y/n?" The Dark One questioned.

I stood up and curtseyed slightly.

"I can get going if you'd like, I don't wanna overstay more than I am welcomed," I said, scared of what he'd say.

"What were you actually here for?" Dark One inquired.

"I was just told to make friends here in the village. Upon my request to get out of the castle," I answered.

"Hmm interesting. You better get going, we don't want your dad to get scared of losing his precious young princess."

I quickly nodded and hurried out the door.

"Wait!"

I turned around to see the boy hurrying to me.

"I'm Baelfire. It was nice to meet you and I hope I get to see you again," Bae smiled.

"I hope to see you again as well, goodbye Baelfire..."

Little did I know, I'd never see him again, not in the next two years...