Chapter Eight: Truth

Neverland

Peter's POV

I haven't told her my secret. It was days after we confessed to each other and I didn't know how to tell her. Did she already know? I mean she did read Henry's book. I just shake the thoughts off and see her still sleeping in my Thinking Tree. I laugh lightly, knowing the challenge I have before me.

I walk over to her side of the bed, shaking her shoulder.

"Y/n, it's time to get up," I coo.

No response. Typical, she usually sleeps until she wakes up by herself. I pick her up and she snuggles into my chest like a little baby. I set her down on a log and call the Lost Boys.

"Try to wake her, you know what to do," I command.

They nod and start shouting. I keep my eyes on her to see if she's still asleep. I groan in frustration when she doesn't.

"Stop!" I demand.

They do as told and look at me for next instructions. I kneel down next to her and get close as possible to her.

"Baby girl, you need to wake up," I say and I kiss her lips.

She doesn't respond, so I pick her back up and lay her in her tent's bed. I guess I'll have to wait until she wakes up. Even if it's already 2:00 p.m.

I walk out and let her sleep...

Your POV

I open my right eye and sit up. Silently laughing so hard, tears start to slide down my cheeks. I'm so stubborn, you have no idea!

I set my feet on the floor and stand up, walking out of the tent. I look at the Lost Boys who are laughing so hard at the sight of me.

"Did we wake you?" Felix laughed.

"Nope, I was awake the whole time!" I laughed along.

"Pan's going to be mad," Felix informed.

"Eh he'll probs just laugh at me," I shrug.

I look around to see Peter playfully glaring at me with a smirk on his face. Smirking, I walk over to him.

"You are something else Y/n," Peter laughs a little, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You love me though," I smirk, wrapping my arms around his neck.

His facial expression soon fell to seriousness. Almost like he was scared of something.

"You okay Peter?" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

"I need to tell-well show- you something," he replied.

"Okay," I said and I took his hand before we flew into the sky.

We soon arrived to Skull Rock. He led me into the eyes and I saw a golden hourglass. I knew what this was.

"I know what this is Peter. It's why you need Henry," I said, looking down.

"Y/n, I know you love Henry like a brother. I know you think of him as family, but there isn't another way," Peter frowned.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I was deep in thought. Maybe there was another way. I suddenly thought of something from Henry's book that could help.

I look up at Peter, "Maybe there is another way."

Peter looks at me sorrowfully and shakes his head, "I'm afraid there is no other way Y/n. I have to have the Heart of the Truest Believer."

"Peter, I believed in you two years ago, and I never stopped," I informed.

His eyes suddenly widened. Panic spread into his eyes and left no other emotion in them. He shook his head side to side frantically, thinking the worst.

"No! I won't let you sacrifice yourself for me! I love you," Peter exclaims.

"We can split my heart! No one has to die Peter. It could work," I say, trying to reason with him.

"But what if it doesn't?" Peter replies, "I can't lose you again. I'm sorry, but Henry is the only way."

He waves his hand and I suddenly appear in a cage. In Echo Caves.

"Peter!"

A/n
Whatcha think? This one is kinda sad. Maybe, I don't know. I don't know how to cry anymore, or even feel emotions. Anyways, love you guys!