Chapter Nine: Time

Neverland

Your POV

Damn you Peter! He just had to put me in this cage in the Echo Caves...

I lean against the side of the cage and sigh. I know Peter did this because he's scared of losing me, scared of what I'd do for him. Suddenly, I hear footsteps and I look through the bars of the cage to see Peter, Devin, Kida, and Felix.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for? Get me out of here!" I yell.

Everyone tells their darkest secret and a bridge formed. Peter walked across and he knelt down. I held the bars and look at Peter. He looked back at me and sighed.

"Ever since we met Y/n, I loved you. I still do, but I am so afraid of a vision I have every night when I go to sleep," Peter confesses, "someone very close to me kills you and I can't lose you. Not again."

The cage disappears and I hug Peter.

"You'll never lose me Peter. You never will," I reassure.

Peter pulls back a little and smiles at me. He snaps his fingers and all five of us are back at camp.

"Y/n where have you been?" Henry asks.

"Don't worry Hen. I'm alright," I smile.

Emma's POV

"Okay, we just need to get Henry back," Mary Margaret says, "Y/n is the one who originally want to come back to Neverland."

"I don't understand why but whatever makes her happy," Hooks chimes in.

Y/n was always an odd ball. Even in her story.

Peter's POV

The boys were out hunting and doing chores. Meanwhile Henry was just watching and talking to Y/n. I glance at them and continue plotting my next move.

Y/n suddenly gets up and walks over to me.

"Hey Peter," she says, her angelic voice snaps me from my plotting thoughts.

"Hey Y/n," I sigh as she sits down next to me.

"What're you thinking about?" Y/n asks me.

"I have a feeling you know," I sigh looking at her.

"Look, it could work. I mean yeah there's a chance it won't and you don't want to lose me, but if it does work we can be together and Neverland will be restored to it's natural glory," she explains.

"I still don't know. I don't wanna hurt the kid I just have to do what I have to do," I say.

She takes my hand in hers and kisses my cheek.

"Whatever you decide I'll be here by your side," Y/n whispers into my ear.

She smiles then goes back to talk to Henry. I knew what she said was true. Taking half of her heart and letting her have the other half could work. I just needed to know 100% that it will work. I fly to my Thinking Tree and as I land, my shadow was there already.

"It will work Pan. Both of you will live to have your happily ever after," the shadow informed.

"Are you sure? Or are you trying to get rid of me?" I ask.

"I want you to have a happy ending. It might not seem like it to you, but I care for her and you," his gravelly voice seemed to echoe through the whole forest.

"Fine, tell her to meet me at Skull Rock," I command and the shadow flies into the night.

"It's time..."