Chapter 12: Even When You're in Pain

Jihyo's POV

*FLASHBACK*

"Nice to see you again.", the older woman shook my hand as she arrived on the cafe. "It's been a long time then huh?"

"Yes, it was.", I said.

"So, what do you want to talk about?", the older woman asked me.

"I saw a girl. That girl was familiar. I guess she's my childhood best friend.", I narrated. "I think you know whom I meant. Tell me, was that her?"

The older woman went silent and shook her head. I know that she's hiding something. No, both of then are hiding something.

"If you think that it's her. Then it's her.", she plainly answered.

"I don't know where this talk is going.", I bitterly said.

"Please, I beg you Jisoo. Don't bother her anymore.", the older woman cried as she begged me. "Don't make her remember you."

"Why?! I want to live a normal life with my best friend. I want to spend time together with her again.", I cried. "Why won't you want me to? What's wrong?"

"She might be the person you knew but...", she paused for a long moment. "I'm sorry to tell you that she's not her anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"She's..."

And the next thing that I heard made me know that she's in pain. I want to do something for her but I chose not to.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Yah! Y/N!", I called her as I saw Y/N going out from our hotel.

"Y-yes?", she stuttered and moved in a slow motion way. "Do you need something Ms. Park?"

"Yes, I need you.", I giggled. "Don't call me Ms. Park, just call me Jihyo. I don't want you to be too formal to me."

"Uhh sure Jihyo. What do you need me for?", she said.

"I need you to go with me.", I smiled at her as I grabbed her to walk together with me. "You're not that busy today, are you?"

"Nope. But, where are we going?", Y/N glanced at me as her feet were heavy while walking.

"You don't have to ask me that. I heard that you went with my members last night. I'm jealous. I didn't have the chance to be together with you.", I pouted at her as she looked away. "We don't have another time to hangout together since we're going back to Korea tonight."

You're silent and you just keep on staring on your footsteps. I won't let you lose your way again. Come on, walk together with me. Match your footsteps together with me.

"I heard that you are fun to be with. Momo keeps on bragging about that.", I continued to talk to her, prolonging our conversation. "Do you like Momo?"

"Eh?! No! I mean, I like her as an idol of course but not on a romantic way.", she blushed.

"I didn't mention about romance here.", I laughed at her. "You know, your face is red. Should we go shopping at the mall Y/N?"

"If you want to.", she answered with a smile as we went inside the mall. 

Y/N POV

Does Jihyo have a mental problem? Last time, she was insisting that she knows me but she didn't even brought up that topic anymore. Besides, she's acting good right now.

"Y/N?", she tapped my back. "Do you like this sweatshirt?"

"Yes.", I answered as I looked at the blue sweatshirt that looks so expensive. "It's fabulous."