S'wonderful

Miley's POV

I've always read about L.A. and had seen it in countless movies but for some reason, I'd never made my way out here. The sun warmed my skin as I walked on the sidewalk towards the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I'd taken so many great pictures of the sign I was practically tingling with excitement. The tall buildings enclosed the area around me, I felt like I was in a whole new world, just waiting for me to explore it. That's what I loved most about my job, I got to travel everywhere and see new places every month or so and write about them and take pictures, I was doing everything I loved and that I'd ever wanted to do.

"We're almost there." Cody pointed towards our destination. I didn't respond, I might've nodded my head but I didn't say anything. Everything was so awkward around Cody and I. Meeting him in that ice cream shop was probably one of the most uncomfortable feelings I'd ever experienced.

What was even more embarrassing for me was that I remembered a few things about him yet he couldn't recognize me, but I wasn't surprised. I didn't expect him to. I wasn't that important in his life back then. And I've moved on, I saw other people, dated other guys and after I graduated, I decided that being with someone on a long term basis just wasn't what I wanted. What I wanted was adventure, the thrill and excitement of traveling and finally doing what I loved without anyone thinking I was crazy.

In college I'd studied harder than everyone, I'd worked a lot harder to get the job I had acquired after I graduated. Of course I was more social, I met quite a few new friends during my four years of school, but as soon as we graduated, we all parted ways and I haven't spoken to them since then, and that was over six years ago.

I enjoyed being on my own, I didn't have to worry about social pressures or what other people thought about me, it was just me and my camera against the world, and nothing sounded more appealing to me.

"Look out!" I heard a voice rattle me from my thoughts, I felt myself being jerked backwards until I hit something warm and rough.

How is it that I always end up like this around him? I asked myself as I found myself pressed against Cody, his blue eyes examining mine as to make sure I was ok. "Uh, thanks, what happened?" I awkwardly pushed myself away from him.

"You almost walked into the street and was nearly hit by that truck. What were you thinking about?" Cody asked, his eyes holding mine.

I felt a chill run down my spine, causing me to shiver before I answered blankly, "just... lost in thought, sorry, it won't happen again."

Cody smirked and shook his head, "you haven't changed a bit."

I gave him a questioning look, "what's that supposed to mean?" I put my hands on my hips.

"Well you-" a car honked their horn, Cody stopped talking and the two of us jogged across the street and that was when we'd finally reached the walk of fame.

"Oh my god! It's amazing!" I bounced up and down my body bursting with excitement.

"Look there's Mickey Mouse!" I jumped up and down like a little kid.

Cody chuckled as he towered over me, "of all the stars on the Walk of Fame the one you first point out is Mickey Mouse?"

"Hey, I don't tell you what to be excited about." I answered sarcastically with a big grin on my face.

"Walt Disney?! No way!" I scrambled over to his name, "Cody! Take a picture, this could go in the magazine!" I said, more as an order.

"Uh ok, how does your camera work?" Cody looked embarrassed.

I laughed gleefully as I jumped up and gave him a quick lesson about how to work my camera before I crouched down to the star with Walt Disney's name. Cody pointed the camera down at me as I gave it a big smile as Cody snapped a few pictures of me.