Consider Yourself

Cody's POV

"Hey, I'm home!" I called to the apartment.

Moments later Parker appeared leaning on the wall shirtless, I rolled my eyes as I placed the keys in the bowl by the front door. "It's about time you got back, how was New York?" Parker jostled his blonde hair.

"Great, I had a good time. Got lots of work done, it was a productive weekend." I set my suitcase down on my bed and began to unpack.

"I don't wanna hear about that business crap, did you get... busy?" Parker inquired in his usual stupid ways.

"No, good god, nothing like that happened." I chucked a pillow at him. Parker dodged it and sat down on his bed.

"So what did happen between you two?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"You're such a turd Parker, nothing juicy happened. I swear on that." I answered truthfully.

"Okay, but I'm gonna hold you to that."

"How bout you, how many girls were here this weekend?" I turned to give him a questioning stare.

"Two." Parker mumbled.

"Don't lie," I joked.

"Fine, four," Parker mumbled again.

"Four? Jesus Christ, so you only spent one night alone while I was gone?" I gawked.

"Are you kidding? Of course not, I was at her place the first night. And the girl Kylie left just before you pulled up." Parker looked relaxed.

"Nice to see that you didn't really miss my company while I was gone." I laughed.

"Shut up Hauser, it was quiet without you here that's for sure." Parker hit me with a pillow.

"How were things at work? It won't be awkward when I come in tomorrow right?" I asked kinda worried about what might have gone on last week.

"Nah, you'll be fine, the big man was pretty happy this week, so whatever you did in New York must've pleased him." Parker whipped out his phone at the sound of the text. "Ah yes, Avery," Parker grinned like a madman at the screen.

"I don't even wanna know about this," I threw my hands up in the air in defense.

"Good, cause I probably won't be back till tomorrow. Feel free to bring her over here, the girls love our place." Parker snickered.

"Jackass, I'm not doing that, as a matter of fact I have a meeting with a realtor later today. I've been looking at some places and I figured it's high time I get out of your hair." I said as I kicked my suitcase under my bed.

"Oh come on, you know I like having you around. Consider yourself my brother, you also keep me in line."

"I know, but I've planning this for weeks now, it's not because of this weekend." I told him.

"Alright, alright fine, you do you." Parkers phone beeped again, "gotta run, I'm meeting Avery at Kings in ten. I'll see you later man." Parker jumped up and threw on a grey shirt. He snatched up the keys and slammed the door shut behind him. I rolled my eyes and resigned to a long hot shower before I went out to meet my realtor.

---

"Hi Sabrina, I'm Cody Hauser, it's nice to meet you." I shook her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Hauser, are you ready to find your house?" Sabrina sat down behind her neat and tidy desk and began to tap away on the keyboard.