Money, Money, Money

Cody's POV

My first meeting started at eight a.m. They'd be over by noon, but I would have to find other ways to keep myself busy for the afternoon because Miley was going out with her sister all day. I dressed in a nice suit, a requirement for all the employees at this meeting and headed out around seven fifteen. The office building was on the other side of the city, I needed to give myself plenty of time to arrive, get my things organized and actually have an idea about what was about to be discussed all morning.

I grabbed my briefcase and checked myself once more in the mirror, I slipped my room key in my wallet and headed out for the day. I was silent the whole way down the elevator, out the building, and only spoke a few words when I called a cab and ordered him to take me to my destination uptown.

The office building was a freaking skyscraper, windows encased the whole structure and from the ground I couldn't even see the top of it. I straightened my posture and strode into the building, the woman standing behind the desk greeted me nicely.

"Good morning sir, choose your name tag and the meeting is scheduled to take place in the penthouse, top floor." She quickly added the last part. She seemed nice enough, bright blonde hair and brilliant blue eyes. I smiled and thanked her after I found my name tag I readied myself for the long elevator ride to the top.

I never had a problem with heights, but standing next to the windows towering high above the city in the penthouse made my stomach churn. I shuddered at the thought of the glass possibly cracking and sending me falling to my death. I shook away the dark thoughts and kept my distance from the window.

"You're Cody Hauser?" Someone asked.

I turned around to face a man with perfectly trimmed jet black hair and startling silver eyes, "yes... Jonathan Harold." I read his name tag.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I watch your segment all the time, you seem like you have good time with those two." Jonathan said genuinely.

"I do thank you, forgive me but are you in the announcing business too?"

"No, I'm the producer in the New York branch, I'm always behind the camera. How are you liking New York?" Jonathan asked.

"It's not my first time here but I'm enjoying it, the city is very different than L.A. What's it like living here?"

"You get used to it, but I enjoy the crowds. The city life excites me." He looked off towards the window, there was something a little off about this guy, he acted... a bit strange.

"All right everyone, let's get this meeting started."

Jonathan sat down next to me on my left, another man with a muscular build shook my hand as he sat next to me.

"Hey, I'm Buzz Hatcher." He introduced himself.

"Hey Buzz, I watch you all the time at night, you sure love the Giants. I'm Cody Hauser." I greeted him, it was true I watched him almost every Monday night. He also had a very distinct, deep announcers voice and he made it very clear that he loved the Giants.

"Thanks man, I watch you all the time, you and the other two never fail to make me laugh." Buzz clapped me on the back.

I laughed with Buzz, but soon enough the meeting had begun silencing our conversation.

---

"Ok, I think that just about covers it for today, meet back here tomorrow same time and place, and don't forget, the company party is Saturday night at seven thirty. Oh and dates are welcome. Good job everyone, see you all tomorrow." Baxter concluded the meeting. We'd ran half an hour longer, on the way down I met several other employees and ended up leaving the office by three o'clock, I checked my phone as I sat in the cab and discovered that I had received a few texts from Miley.