Chapter 3

"Be careful now, I don't want you getting hurt." This time, it was Mitsuki was the one who put you in balance.

"T-thanks..." You felt your face getting hotter and hotter as you stare in his eyes so in order to avoid that, you look away from it and look at something that's not his eyes.

"Your welcome. What are you doing here anyway?" His question reminded you of why you were running in the first place.

"Oh yeah, h-have you seen Kiba? He left his notebook in my house so I ran after him to return it to him." You replied.

Mitsuki just stared at you, which you didn't know why but you waited patiently for his answer. 

"No I didn't." Mitsuki replied and you realise that the tone of his voice got deeper, but you just ignore it since you thought it was just normal. "You should go back. It's not safe running around in the night you know."

"Well, says you. Why were you here anyway in the first place?" This time, it was you who ask.

"I just finish doing my report with Iwabe so I'm now heading home." He answered and you nod.

"Alright, I'll be going now." You said and was about to turn around but Mitsuki grab your wrist.

His sudden movement startled you and you were about to blush but you manage to keep your cool.

"Let me walk you back home. Who knows if someone will just attack you out of nowhere right?" There was a serious tone in Mitsuki's voice but you did not notice it since you were focusing on keeping your cool.

"O-okay!" You didn't say another word since you knew you were just going to stutter.

'I guess I'll just return Kiba's book tomorrow.' You thought to yourself as you held Kiba's book tighter which was on your left hand.

The walk back to your house was silent, no one dared to talk and you think that it was awkward but remained silent anyway since you didn't know what to talk about. When you got to your house, you turn around to Mitsuki and bowed politely.

"Thank you for walking me home Mitsuki, I'll see you tomorrow." You wave your hand and Mitsuki nod then smiled.

"No problem, I'll see you tomorrow as well." He said and his smile almost want to make you squeal but you held it.

Before you could even do something else embarrassing, you immediately close the door then fan-girl when you were sure that Mitsuki couldn't see you anymore.

'Oh my gosh! He held my han- Wait what? Do I like Mitsuki?... I guess no, no... I know so! He's the first guy I ever felt like this so I know for sure that... I like him. But what if he won't like me back? Nah, think positive Y/n! You always have to think positive!' You thought then fan-girl once more.

"Well that's something you don't see everyday." The voice of your dad startled you and you immediately turn around.

"Dad! I-I..." You didn't know what to say but your dad just laugh at you.

"It's okay sweetie, when I was your age I was worse than you. Your mother was the most beautiful woman I ever met. She looks just like you." Your father ruffled your hair and you smiled at him.

"I wish I met her." You sigh then your father embrace you.

"I wish so too but... that's just how life goes." Your father said then place a kiss on your forehead. "Now go to bed so you won't be late tomorrow."

You nodded at your father then ran straight to your room and jump on your bed, placing Kiba's notebook at the top of your small cabinet. Your mind then wonder off to Mitsuki and eventually you fell to sleep.

The next day, you woke up before your alarm can even wake you up and you immediately prepare to go to school. When you opened your door, you saw your little brother who was about to enter.

"Aah!" Your brother got a fright and you laugh at his reaction then ran downstairs to eat your breakfast.

"Someone is early." Your father commented and you smiled at him.

"Of course, everyday is a good day to live you know." You said and quickly finish your breakfast then went back in your bedroom.

You pack all the things you need including the report you and Kiba made and the notebook that he left from last night. After you made sure that you pack everything, you went down and said your goodbyes to your father then went to school.

'I can't wait to see Mitsuki!' You thought as a grin made its way to your face.

"Someone seems to be very happy early in the morning." Your lazy friend Shikadai sigh and walk beside you.

"Good morning to you too Shikadai." You greeted him with a smile then he just gave you a poker face.

"Mind if you tell me why you're so happy this morning? Cause I'm telling you, there's no good in every morning." He stated and you shrug.

"I'm just loving my life I guess." You replie truthfully, but not in full answer.

You didn't want to tell him that you were happy because you were excited to see Mitsuki. You knew to yourself that Shikadai still have feelings for you.

"What a drag..." Was all Shikadai said and you giggled at him.

At that exact time, you felt as if someone was watching you again so you look around but didn't find anyone who could be watching you.

"Hey Shikadai..." You started and Shikadai hum in response. "Have you ever got that feeling when you feel like, I don't know... being watch?" 

"Not really, why? Is there something wrong?" He look into your eyes with a full of worried but you just sigh.

"Yeah, I'm just fine." You smiled genuinely so you wouldn't have to get Shikadai worried for you.

'It might have been my imagination... hopefully.' You thought and continued walking.