Chapter 3: Happy Birthday!

Skylar's POV:

It's been a month since I got here. I like it here I feel safe, nobody has hurt me and I'm treated fairly and nicely.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I am excited to get my wolf and feel a bigger bond with Kaiden.

I'm currently laying on Kaiden's bed with him laying there peacefully.

"See something you like, love?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

I blush and hide under the blankets.

"Don't hide love, you look beautiful when you blush," he said and I pull myself and look at him.

There are times when I wanted to talk and tell him everything but there's times I just can't pull myself to say. I guess it's time for me to tell him after all it's been a month.

"Are you alright? Why do you look upset?" He asked as he got up and instantly wrapped his arms around me.

I wiggle out let out a sigh and grabbed the notebook he got me and a pen.

If you didn't already know yet by my brothers visit last month...he is the alpha now...yes my mother is dead because of me and my stupidity...and yes my brother did in fact kill my father but he had his reasons...my father...he started to abuse me a year after my mothers death and then one day...he raped me and my brother walked in and snapped his neck. Both my parents died because of me and so then thought if I became a mute then no one else would die because of me. And then the reason I left was because the former beta started to hit me till I fell unconscious and I thought I would of died then...when I woke up I knew I had to leave so I left a note to my brother and I left and when he showed up I guess he never received it.

I told him everything and I felt a hint of relief. I looked over to see him and he looked a mix of anger and sadness.

"I'm so sorry that happened to sky... I promise from now on I will protect you and never hurt you," he said and game me a hug.

I get my wolf tomorrow! I wrote and I smiled at him trying to brighten up the mood.

"It's your birthday tomorrow?" He asked in confusion.

I nodded my head and he hugged me tighter and placed a kiss to my forehead.

I've been mute for 5 years because I felt scared, that's how I survived. But now I feel safe and I know you or anyone else in this pack won't hurt me. My brother told me I should learn to be safe again and have more confidence in myself. He told me to find my voice again. I think I'm finally ready to talk again but I'm not sure... After I wrote that he had a huge smile on his face. I don't know when I'll speak but maybe soon I just have to find my voice again.

"I'm so happy right now! I will be here with you every step of the way. I will help you with anything you need. I already know your voice is perfect and beautiful," he said and I am so grateful that I have him as my mate.

We got up and went to grab something to eat. I made us some eggs and bacon with some toast.

"Smells good, Love" He said wrapping his arms around my waist. "You don't know how bad I want to mark you and claim you as mine right now."

I giggled and shrugged, I wasn't sure if I was ready just yet. Maybe I'll give in on my birthday but even yet I wasn't quite ready for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day passed quite quickly me and Kaiden just laid in bed and watched movies while we cuddled each other.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I finally get to meet my wolf. I was tired and I fell asleep in the arms of my mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was awoken by someone shaking me and I groaned. I open my eyes to see what the hell was going on and it was Kaiden.

"Good morning love, happy 18th birthday!" He said with a smile and gave me a small peck on the lips.

I smiled at him and ran downstairs to make breakfast. I was starving! I made enough for me and Kaiden and a few other pack members.

After we ate I felt pain everywhere and I started to whimper. Kaiden rushes over to me and curses something under his breathe.

"I'm going to take you outside I think your starting to shift." He informed me and I nodded my head. He picked my up bridal style and ran outside.

Once we were outside, he places me down and backed up to give me space.

I felt my bones crack and slowly shifting. It took a bit of time for the pain to go away but eventually it did and I was full wolf.

"Mate!!!" Someone spoke in my mind which got me  confused.

'What's going on?' I asked.

"Oh sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Bailee your wolf. And that handsome man over there is our mate!" Bailee said.

'Hi Bailee, and i know He is. He's been so nice to us even if I'm a mute..' I said.

I look at him in wolf form I don't know how to change back.

He must of caught on because he then spoke to tell me how to turn back.

"Just think of your human form," he tells me.

He took off his shirts and stuck it out and I placed it in my mouth and i ran behind a tree. 

I thought about my human self and shifted back. I put the shirt on so I wasn't naked in front of him. I sat down thinking about how happy I am right now.

I have my wolf, I can finally feel the full bond with Kaiden. I want to speak I feel safe.

"Go back to mate! He's worried because we're taking to Long!" Bailee yelled.

I walk out from behind the tree and saw him standing there with a smirk on his face.

"You look beautiful in just my shirt love," he said and walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

I blushed at his comment and took a breath in I can do this I can speak. I can face my fears.

"H-hi K-Kaiden,"

———————————————————————————