Chapter 7: Walk

Skylar's POV:

I has been a week since we saw Blake alive and scared me. It has also been a week since Kaiden marked me and it's the best feeling ever.

He has been more protective ever since the encounter with Blake. I'm so scared what will happen because I don't want to go back to being abused.

Flashback

"You worthless piece of shit! No one cares about you! Not even your brother! It's your fault that your parents died!" Blake yells and I had tears flowing out of my eyes.

"Your brother may seem to care about you but he doesn't. Your mate will hate you and reject you! Your not worthy of a mate," he spat.

I whimpered I wanted a mate. I wanted him so he could protect me but then again I'd feel bad because I'm weak and he'll be strong. Why can't people be nice and like me. I never go out anymore because I'm not allowed and I'm scared of other people.

"I'm leaving I'll see you later whore,"he spat again in disgust."

Flashback ends.

I remember that day. I thought my mate would always protect me but I was afraid that Blake was right and I'm not worthy of a mate and that he was going to reject me just like Blake had told me.

But he was wrong. Kaiden is the best thing that has ever happened to me and he protects me and takes care of me. He doesn't hate me and he loves me. That's all I could ever ask for.

"You damn right I wouldn't reject you. You are more then worthy of a mate. You deserve the world and don't listen to anything Blake says he's a douche and I love you no matter what," Kaiden says as he lays next to me in bed.

"H-how did you hear me?" I asked.

"I can read your thoughts since I marked you you can to," he says "try it"

I looked over at him and listened carefully and looked at him.

I love you Sky

I smiled at him

"I love you too"

I leaned over and places a kiss to his lips.

"I'm going down stairs to make breakfast then I thought we could watch a movie and then go into your office so you can work because I don't want to keep you behind on your alpha duties. And if you have training to do I'll come and watch but I want to be near you unless you don't want me to be," I say

"That sounds great. But I think I'll do the cooking how does that sound because I want to do something for you. And like you said when we first met you told me you can't cook very well,"he smirked and I rolled my eyes

"Let's go I'm hungry," I tell him

We head down stairs and I sat at the table while I watch Kaiden make the badder to make pancakes.

"They are almost done do you want chocolate chips in them?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Here you go my love."

He hands me a plate with pancakes in them and makes some more for himself.

"Hope you enjoy them," he smiles which makes me smile because I love his smile.

"You should smile more often, your beautiful," he tells me and it makes me blush.

"Thank you," I said smiling.

We ate our pancakes and other members of the pack comes into the kitchen to eat.