Chapter #16

Ginny's POV

I walked out of the Great Hall and found Harry and Percy near the door. Percy was leaning against the wall while Harry paced.

"Harry, calm down." Percy said. "if you want to ask her out, do it. if she says 'no', then move on."

"It's not that simple Percy." Harry said.

''Yeah, actually it is." Percy said, exasperated.

"Easy for you to say." Harry began. "you've probably asked out a bunch of girls."

"Nope." Percy said. "the closest was Annabeth, but it didn't happen."

"Must be awkward for her to be here." Harry said. "and what do you mean?"

Percy shrugged. "I don't like clingy girls. And she always needed to be right, no exceptions."

"Ah." Harry said.

"Hey guys." I said, making my presence known, though Percy didn't seem fazed.

"Hey Ginny." Percy said, tilting his head to look at me. " harry has something to ask you; I will see you later."

He strode out of the school. i turned to look at Harry.

"whats up?" i asked

"Willyougooutwithme?" he said quickly.

I raised my eyebrow. "what did you say?"

He took a deep breath. "will you go out with me?"

"Oh." i said. now i feel bad. "i cant Harry, sorry. i think of you as a brother."

His face fell. "okay, i get it." he said and sped away.

I frowned. he didnt have to make me feel bad.

I was walking around the grounds and ran into the Stolls.

"Oh, hey guys." i said smiling.

"Have you seen Percy?" Connor asked.

"Why?" i asked.

"We want him to prank with us." Travis answered

"Oh, sorry I havent seen him." i said, glancing around.

"AHHHHHH!!!!" we heard a high-pitched scream.

The three of us ran in the direction of the scream. We turned the corner to see Annabeth standing with her hands covering her mouth. I looked in the direction that she was and saw a pretty weird sight.

Four seventh year Slytherins were hanging by their underwear. The thing is, they weren't hung on anything and they couldn't get down. I laughed along with the rest of them.

I knew that Percy had a reason for it, he doesnt bully anyone.

I spotted him standing in the corner of the room. I strode towards him. When he saw me, his signature smirk spread across his face.

"What did they do?" i asked.

"They ganged up on a first year." he answered.

"Good job." i said smiling up at him.

I felt someone push me from behind and when I tried to take a step forward to steady myself, the pusher had out their foot there to trip me.

(Cliche warning)

I fell straight into Percy, who caught me. I felt my face heat up and looked to see who had pushed me, but I didnt see anyone, the hall had cleared. I guess when i was talking to Percy, someone must have gotten them down.

"I always knew you were clumsy, but not that clumsy." he was smiling, not smirking for once.

"Oh shut up. Someone pushed me." i said, my face getting even redder.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." he teased.

We looked at each other and laughed.

He held his arm out. "May i escort you to lunch m'lady?"

I chuckled. "Of course you may."

I took his arm and he escorted to to the door, both of us laughing.

We entered the Great Hall and sat at the Gryffindor table.

"Percy." Annabeth complained. "Why do you always have to be with her?"

"Because she is my friend. What of it?" He retorted.

She rolled her eyes and continued with her food. I saw Percy look at the Stolls and all three looked surprised that Annabeth hadn't retorted.

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen." Travis cried out.

Nico laughed. "It was bound to happen sometime."

I smiled. I think that I would get along with Percy's friends quite well.