Chapter 2

~Clary's POV~
"I was walking down the hallway to Jace's room. I thought that maybe we could go and hang out that day. But as I reached up to knock I heard a loud crash and a laugh..." I paused and took a deep breath. Alec laid his hand on my knee. "I open the door and found that Jace and... and Cassie..." I started crying and Alec pulled me into his chest. He rubbed my back and held me.

"It's ok, Clary. It will be alright," he said softly. I curled up next to him and he pulled me into his lap.

~a few minutes later in the kitchen~

I sat at the table while Izzy made me a plate of her biscuits and gravy. Today they weren't burnt so that was a good sign. "So what are you doing today?" I asked her.

"Simon and I are going to hang out on the roof while I help him with his English," she said and laid the plate next to me.

"He was never really good with that subject," I said and just poked at the gravy. Alec walked in and looked at my food.

"Hey! You didn't burn it this time," he laughed. I gave a slight giggle that made him smile even more. He sat down next to me and Izzy slide him a plate.

"It's actually is not that bad," I told him and he slowly took a bite.

"You're right. Not bad," he said and put his arm on the back of my chair. Jace walked in and looked at us, confused.

"Hey guys. What's going on?" he said and sat across the table from us. I just looked at my plate. Alec stared at him angrily. "What's wrong Alec?"

"Like you don't know," he said.

Jace raised an eyebrow.

"You're the one who has your arm around my girlfriend," he said.

"Like hell I am!" I slammed my hand on the table. "I am nothing to you!"

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"I saw you and Cassie. You cheated on me!" I yelled.

"Clary about that..." he started.

"No Jace! We're done," I said and left the room.

~A few minutes later~

I sat there and cried in the rain. I always come to the green house to clear my mind. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Alec looking at me.

"You ok?" he asked.

I shook my head and he pulled me into a hug. He stroked my hair and rocked me back and forth. I looked up sat him. His hair wet and his clothes soaked. I wrapped my left arm around his neck and placed my right hand on his cheek. I stared at his lips. He leaned in and next thing I know his wet lips were on mine. I gently gripped his hair and deepened the kiss.