Chapter 4

~CLARY'S POV~

~the next morning~

I woke up with my hand on Alec's bare back. His back was covered in his runes with no orderly manner. His face was facing me and his eyes closed. He looked so handsome asleep. I rubbed my thumb on his back and watched him.

His eyes slid open and a smile spread across his face. "Good morning Beautiful," he said and turned his body on his side.

"Good morning," I said with a smile on my face. He slid his hand up my bare back the sent a shiver through my body. He kissed me and placed his hand on my side.

"No going back now," he said.

"I don't want to go back," I laughed and kissed him.

Then a phone started ringing. Alec sighed and reached over me to grab his phone.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hey we need you on demon patrol. Keep an eye on the screens and if you see anything let me know," Hunter said. He is one of the 3 older shadowhunters living here.

"I gotta go," he sighed. He sat up and rubbed his face. I sat up holding the dark red sheets up. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Go ahead. I'll be fine," I told him. He kissed my forehead.

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I reassured him.

He climbed out of bed and pulled his black jeans up. He walked across the room to the closet and pulled out a dark gray, almost black, shirt out. He then grabbed his boots and sat down on the edge of the bed.

After tying his shoes he leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. "See you later," he said quietly and left the room.

~3 hours later~

I was walking down the hallway wearing my black jeans, heel boots and, because it was cold today, I borrowed one of Alec's sweaters.

"Clary!" Jace's voice sounded down the hallway. I continued walking. "Clary," he said and grabbed my arm.

I whip around and slap him in the face.

"Leave me alone Jace. How many times do I have to tell you that. I'm with Alec now," I said and walked away to the main room.

I looked around the room and found Alec sitting in an office chair in front of one of the computer screen. He looked really tired. Probably my fault there. I walked over to him and leaned down. I wrapped my arms over his shoulders and laid my head on one of them.

"Having fun?" I asked and he touched my arm. He looked at me and smiled.

"Not as much fun as last night," he said. I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"When are you done?" I asked him.

"In about 30 minutes," he said, "then I'm free."