Chapter 12

~Alec's POV~
I woke up in Clary's room. I looked to my left side and saw the she was gone. I sat up and rubbed my face.

"She's probably in the kitchen," I said to myself and climbed out of bed.

I grabbed my clothes and redressed myself. I tied my boots and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was messy and sticking up everywhere. I ran my hand through it, using water, and fixed it.

Wondering down the hall to the kitchen, I thought about last night. I had convinced Clary not to go to the docks but I couldn't help but think on what was going to happen.

I approached the kitchen and heard Izzy messing with the pans.

"Hey sis," I said sleepily.

"Hey," she said but never looked at me.

I looked at the table and around the room, "Where's Clary?"

"I haven't seen her. I thought she was with you."

"She was last night."

"Maybe she is in the computer room."

"Will you help me look for her before you brew whatever concoction you were planning on?"

"I guess."

We headed down the hall and passed Jace coming out of the training room. "Was Clary in there?" Izzy asked.

"No."

We continued and walked into the computer room. She was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh no..." I muttered.

"You don't think..." Izzy said beside me.

"She couldn't have. The meeting is at midnight. Why leave this early?" Jace said.

"Because she knew I wouldn't let her out of my sight," I sighed and sprinted across the room to the weapons.

"Alec?" Izzy said back by the door.

"Her blade is still here." I walked out of the weapons room and paced back and forth. "If I had just stayed up..." I said angrily putting my hands behind my head, "I could have made sure she didn't leave!"

I grabbed a chair and threw it across the room with it slamming into the brick wall. "We have to go after her."

"But the terms..."

"I don't care about the terms! I have to stop her!" I said and stormed passed Izzy and grabbed my bow. "I'm going, with or without you."

~Clary's POV~
It was 10 minutes till midnight. I knew Alec was looking for me by now. I approached the docks and saw a tall man dressed in a suit standing at the edge.

"It seems you can follow directions after all. I bet your boyfriend is upset you left."

"Leave Alec out of this!"

"Oh but he has played an important part in this."

"What do you mean?"

He turned around and smiled. "You'll have to come with me to find out."

"No. Tell me!"

"I will but I'll give you a choice. You can come willingly or I will have you dragged with me."

"No." I said and crossed my arms.

"Suit yourself," he said and snapped his fingers. Two vampires came up and grabbed both arms.

"Hey! Let go of me!" I yelled and struggled.

"You see... you and Alec have created something of use to me. And I intend to take it."

"What are you talking about?!"

"Hey!" I hear Alec's voice come from behind him, "let her go!"

The man whistled and another person appeared. She formed a portal and they shove me through it along with them. Leaving any chance of Alec helping break me lose.

~Alec's POV~
"AHHHHHH!" I yelled and kicked a metal drum.

"Alec?" Izzy said and stood next to Jace, watching me pace.

"I lost her! I didn't think! I should've kept an eye on her!" I screamed and through the barrel, "I! I! I..."

I dropped to my knees, "I have to get her back."

I touch the area on the ground where the portal formed. I stood up and looked at the other two.

"I am not giving up till we get her back." I stormed off to the institute.