Chapter 9

~Alec's POV~
I was walking around the area bellow her old apartment, checking to make sure everything was fine.

"Ale..." her voice yelled and I turned to see her being stuffed into a car. It skids off as I run after it.

"Clary!" I stopped on the sidewalk and watch as the car speeds out of my reach. Why do they want her?

*minutes later*
"We have to get her back," I told Izzy. I scanned over the computer screen searching for an identical car to the one that took her.

"What did it look like?" She asked.

"It was black with silver rims. The windows were too dark to see in," I told her and scrolled through the results. "There!"

Izzy jumped at the shout. "What? Did you find something?"

"This is it. That is the one that took her," I said, "we just have to find out where it took her."

"I can do that. You need to go get some sleep."

"I'm fine."

"You have been up staring at that screen for 4 hours. You won't be much help if you are half asleep," she said. I stared at her. She was right. I can't help her if I am low on energy. I nod and walk out of the room.

In my room, I sit down on my bed and rubbed my forehead. Why does it matter so much to me? And so little to Jace? He never came to help look for the car. He never even showed up.
I need to find her though. It was my responsibility to look after her.

I wake up in my bed with Clary curled up next to me. Her red hair draped over her back. "Are you ok?" She said sleepily.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"You were tossing and turning all night," she said and slid her hand on top of my chest.

"Did I keep you up?"

"No, but I did wake up early," she said and furrowed her eyebrows, "was it a dream?"

"What makes you think that?"

"You're looking at me like you lost me." I shift myself and run my fingers through my hair. "So it was a dream. What was it about?"

"Nothing."

She sat up and turned to face me, "it's something."

I sighed and sat up. "It was about when you were kidnapped. I felt so helpless."

"Why?"

"At the time, I didn't know it. But I loved you then. I was so scared that I lost you." She smiled.

"But you didn't lose me," She said and kissed me, "I'm right here."

"I love you, Clary," I said.

"I love you too."

I got to thinking. Maybe the car has something to do with what's going on now.