A quick thought

Takagane was wearing a loose shirt and jeans when he came back around to Thanh's place at about ten, not really expecting anyone to be there, but as he got closer he noticed that someone was sitting hunched over in the dark. He made it to the front door and saw that the person hunched over was a sleeping Taki, and the tablet was playing the same film she had shown their group earlier.

He ran a hand through his short hair and smiled. She was dedicated, and the more he got used to seeing Taki go about her life the more he liked it. He quietly made his way to sit across from Taki as she slept, and put his own head down to be level with Taki.

In the dark, her features were highlighted by the tablet. Her eyelashes were long, he noticed, and it gave him a calm feeling to see her so peaceful. The two of them stayed like that for a couple more minutes before Takagane sighed deeply and stood up. Taki was bright and cheerful yes, but at the same time she felt cold towards him. Her eyes would skim over his for a second despite their glow, and she would turn her head the other way while talking to others if he was nearby. It seemed like they were destined to never be in a way.

"Taki, wake up, you need to head home." Takagane shook her arm gently.

Taki squinted at Takagane for a second before a tired smile made its way to her face.

"Alright, you go ahead and go first, I'll lock up and see you at school later Taka," Taki pushed back her hair and when Takagane had left, she followed her words and went towards her home. Takagane watched her walk, slowly and sleepily down the street and with a shake of his head, left to go back to his own home.

On the silent dark street, it was just him and the rest of the world. Just quiet with just the sounds of a few crickets and his footsteps, and they lulled him into deep thought at he walked home. He knew that he had thought of Taki as burdensome because of how he felt every time she would whisper and hang onto Haru, or Jizuo. It still left a slight bit of guilt in his mind about it all, but the longer he walked the more his thoughts turned.

To be truthful, he was still one to be a bit jealous at the skin ship. Taki, was distant he knew, and she was right to be than before, but it let him figure out how he felt for real. He knew he wanted her to be happy. He knew that when she was bright and cheerful his day was better, and if she wasn't her usual self, it hurt and worried him so much that he couldn't eat. Before when he had been with Kitsune, he had tried to ignore it. Those days when he tried to ignore it, he managed to eat a bit, and Kitsune comforted him enough so that Taki had become a small reminder in his heart and mind. Taka sighed before running a hand through his short hair. He put his hands in his pockets, and made a conclusion.

Taka would do his best to be there until Taki warmed back up to him, no matter how long it would take.