Chapter Thirty-Nine

I opened my eyes and noticed Mr. Hawk, Stanley, Riley, Sage, Lin, Leen, Tippy, Skippy, Tappy, Willy, and Zeke, who were all staring at me.

"Are you alright?" Lin said. I grunted in response.

Stanley sat down, pulled me close to him, and rested my head on his chest.

Man, the ship is real.

"You took a real tumbling, Margie," Tappy spoke. "Although, I am not surprised why."

"W-why?" I managed to choke out. I was still dazed at what happened.

"Your 'friend' - or in this case, the trader - pushed you off the top of the hill," Riley explained. "I had a hunch that she was going to be trouble."

"Not to mention that she is related to that scientist," Willy added. "Scumbags."

Who were they referring to?

"What was the point of Dr. O'Connor letting his own granddaughter push Margie off the hill?" Tippy questioned.

"He probably was concerned that Margie would notice and react before he had the chance to do so," Leen answered.

"Doing that would not have killed her anyway!"

I frowned. "Dr. O'Connor would never want to kill me," I stated.

Mr. Hawk looked at me and sighed. "Only if he were not the bad guy," he said. "And because of him, Lean Share is gone forever."