Chapter Forty-Eight

"Yes. I know. He failed."

A man wearing a lab coat and brown pants was talking on the phone.

"Will do. I have other plans."

Another man came up to him. "Sir?" he spoke.

The man who was on the phone sighed, and then put the phone down and turned to him. "What is it, Paul?" he asked. "I am with somebody on the phone right now."

Paul cleared his throat. "Your brother and his wife were captured by Mr. Hawk."

The guy rolled his eyes. "Figures, even though that he was always smarter than me."

"What are we going to do? Should we let some of the Barmerians go on a rescue mission?"

"No!" He slammed his hand on the table. "I always hated my brother, and his wife is annoying."

"But...he is your brother."

"He is my adopted brother! I kept my last name, so I would not be part of his stupid family!" He grabbed a picture of Mr. Hawk and held it in front of Paul's face. "This is my biological brother, and he will pay for what he did to me." He crumbled the picture and tossed it on the floor. "And now that my adopted brother is out of the way, I can take charge of Zeolex and get my revenge." He ran a hand through his hair. "First, we need to locate the stones and find my own wife."

Paul nodded. "Of course, Hugo."
——————————————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED...
Different story. Different characters. Same author!