Chapter Four

***Beau***

I sat in my red Jeep and watched as Colby sped off down the road with Kayleigh in his passenger seat. I sighed to myself as I drove off in the opposite direction.How could I have even allowed myself to believe that she'd come back to me? I should've known that she would have already moved on.I parked my car and locked it before entering the hotel.While in the elevator, I couldn't help but notice the excited whispers coming from the two teenage girls behind me.I glanced at them and realized they must be twins.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi, Beau!" They giggled in unison. "Can we have your autograph?"

They both held out a Sharpie and their cell phones.

"Sure." I smiled.

I signed both of their phones just as the elevator reached my level.

"Here you go, girls. It was nice meeting both of you."

"Thanks! It was nice meeting you too." They said at the same time again.

I smiled at them and began to step off the elevator when I felt myself being pulled back.

"Can we get your picture first?" They asked.

"Uh," I paused unsure. I was kind of ready to get back to my room. "Sure."

"Yay!" They cheered.

They took picture after picture as we kept riding the elevator up and down.I was beginning to get a little ticked off. Once we reached my floor for the fourth time, I finally spoke.

"Okay, girls. No more pictures." I said.

"Just one more!"

I pulled away from them and stepped off the elevator.I loved my fans, but sometimes they were a bit overbearing.I walked down the hallway until I reached my hotel room. I slid my key into the slot and opened the door to reveal my mom sitting on the couch kissing a guy.The sight made me feel as if I was about to puke, on top of that, I hated the thought of any guy breaking my mom's heart. I cleared my throat loudly. My mom and the mystery guy pulled away from each other startled.

"Beau!" My mom said, surprised. "What are you doing here so early?"

"Who are you?" I asked, ignoring my mother and turning my attention towards the dude who'd had his tongue down my mother's throat.

"I'm Arron Smith. Nice to meet you." He said extending his hand towards me.

"What do you do for a living?" I questioned looking him over with crossed arms.

"I'm a pediatrician during the day and a youth pastor at night."

"Really?" I asked skeptical.

"Actually, I use to teach your Sunday School." After he said that, I remembered him. He'd been my favorite Sunday School teacher.

"Well, maybe you should go work on lesson plans or something."

"Beau!" My mom scolded.

"No, no. It's alright." Aaron said. "It's getting late anyway. I'll see you around, Beau."

I just stared at him. I didn't care how 'understanding' he was. I just wanted him to stay far away from my mother.

"Bye Gina. I'll call you tomorrow." He winked at my mother.

I watched as she blushed like a fifteen year old on her first date. I could tell Aaron wanted to kiss her, but my death glare caused him not to.He left out of the hotel room and closed the door behind him.Good riddance. The minute the door shut, my mom came unglued.