Chapter Fourteen

***Beau***

I felt the harshness of yet another of Colby's blows to my side. I swallowed hard as I mustered my last bit of strength to drag myself towards the shiny silver pole. My plan was to grab it and whack him in the head with it until he died, but apparently the plan was better off in my head than in reality; because Colby grabbed the pole before I could even reach it.

"Nice try, Brooks." He snickered before hitting me on the side of the head with it.

I literally saw stars before I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Kayleigh***

I sat inside of the hard chair in the empty, plain room of the police station. I squirmed slightly as I felt my heart pound in my chest. I was terrified. I felt a warm hand placed on top of mine. My eyes landed on the tan hand and made their way up the muscular arm and toned chest until they reached the warm eyes that rested softly on me.

"Are you sure he won't find out?" I whispered worriedly.

"I'm positive," He replied as he gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I sucked in a deep breath, "Cory, I don't know if I can do this." Several tears filled my eyes as I spoke.

"I'll be right here," He assured me as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "I'm not going anywhere." He gently brushed away a tear that had slid down my cheek.

I swallowed hard as the footsteps of an officer sounded. He was a tall bulky man with coffee stains on his shirt and a hardened, almost scalded expression on his aged visage.

"I'm Officer Coleman. And you're Miss Williams, I presume?" He said in his gruff voice.

I nodded meekly as I sank into my chair.

He scribbled a few notes in his folder. "And you're here to make a statement regarding an alleged assault that Colby Pierce supposedly made against you?"

I nodded again as I felt my throat become dry. Cory rubbed my back softly.

"Who are you?" The officer asked Cory in a skeptical tone.

"Cory Pierce. I'm here as a—" He paused for a moment as he glanced at me sweetly. "friend and support for Kayleigh."

"I'm not sure that you can—"

"The lady at the desk said that it would be alright as long as I don't interfere."

"I suppose it's alright then, you'd just better not interfere." Coleman grunted as he sat down with a 'plop'.

"Just so you know this session is going to be recorded and may be used in the court of law, you understand that, right?" He asked as he sat a recorder on the table.

Once again, I helplessly nodded.

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing, but the truth so help you God?" He asked.

I began to nod my head, but he stopped me.

"You're supposed to say 'I do'."

"I do." I said.

"Alright," He sighed. "Let's get this ball rolling."

"So, you claim that Mr. Colby Pierce supposedly physically abused, sexually assaulted, and abducted you, correct?"

"Yes." I answered quietly.

"Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say he physically abused you?"