CHAPTER ONE ~

"Darling, wake up. " I heard the soft voice of my mother. Slowly opening my eyes her beautiful face came into focus. "Honey, you need to pray fajr. Your alarm went off about thirty minutes ago, are you ok dear? " she asked, her words full of concern. Yeah, it's not like me to oversleep. I was the one who usually woke my family up for fajr prayers. But last night sleep evaded me completely. I fell asleep at the wee hours of the morning. " Am okay, mother, " I told  her. She just nodded but I could see her eyes were filled with worry. Mothers! I kissed her on the forehead and went to the bathroom to perform wudhu.

Muna had her first child yesterday evening. She's now the mother to a really beautiful baby girl. I am so happy for her mashaAllah. May Allah grant her more healthy children. She always said she wanted twelve kids, I chuckled at that thought.

But to be honest, am also very sad, am eighteen now and all the girls my age are married or at least in the process of getting married. While I, Ahlam Ahmad, have never even gotten a marriage proposal! So last night, after staying with Muna for awhile at the hospital, my younger brother, Yusuf who just turned seventeen came to escort me back home. On the way the tears were threatening to spill but i had to be alone to cry my heart out. My brother was trying to make some conversation with me but I couldn't talk,  not  with the big lump in my throat. Alhamdulillah, I always wear nikab while going out in the public or he would have seen my face and the few tears that had escaped. The moment we reached home, I went straight to my room and threw myself on the bed letting the hot  tears flow. That's how I spent most part of the night; crying my eyes out I don't even think i have any tears left.

After taking wudhu,  I went to my bedroom and my mother was gone. I quickly wore my abaya and hijab and started praying. My vision was blurry due to my unshed tears. I finished praying and wiped the tears with my hijab .

I am already experiencing heartbreak because of a man I have never seen.

Please, please future husband come and put me out of misery already. I still love you so much. Please don't hurt me anymore by making me wait any longer.

Please.