CHAPTER FOUR~

I felt much better once I finished praying. Alhamdulillah, it was probably satan fuelling my anger towards Laila. I was still sitting on my praying mat(musallah) when my mother entered the room.

"Ahlam are you alright sweetie?" Mother asked.

"Sure, why wouldn't I be? " I said. Okay, It was not a lie. I was in a better mood now compared to earlier. But I couldn't tell my mom I was jealous and angry she enjoyed talking to her.

"Really? Cause you seemed off back there." She questioned.

"Am fine, mother. "

"Look honey, no need..."

"Mom, mom am fine okay? " I said smiling at her. She stood there for a while just looking at me and I kept my smile intact.

"Okay but just know that I love you so much and no one can ever replace you Ahlam. " She said hugging me. She pulled back smiling looking down at me.

"Love you too mom," I said truthfully. I guess I just needed to hear that.

"Before I forget, I wanted you to go pick up some supplies from the market." No, no, not the market. Please anywhere but there. I looked at my mother and she was waiting for a response.

"Um sure. " I forced out.

"Jazakallah honey, get dressed and then come for the list." With that she left the room.

Ya Allah, bestow me with patience InshaAllah.