CHAPTER TEN~

The day flew by like it was in fast forward. I helped mom with the massive cleaning routine the whole morning and after dhuhr prayer we went to pick up the new curtains and a few things. It was already four when we reached home and I was told to get ready immediately.

"But mom why are we rushing there? Besides aren't we going to rest for a while? I am so tired mama." My limbs ached from all the scrubbing and washing not to mention walking all the way to the city center.

"Oh sweety I know but she called me and said we should come a little early because she wants to discuss something with us." Mom explained.
Discuss something with us.

"Us? Us as in you and me?" I asked pointing back and forth between us.

" I think so. Now go get ready we'll be leaving in half an hour." And with that mom went to the kitchen. I went to my room and picked out the clothes I was going to wear then rushed to the bathroom for a quick shower.
What would Aunt Hafsa possibly want to discuss with my mom and I? The weird feeling returned in full force. I just hope it's nothing bad.

"Ahlam let's go if you're ready." Mom called out. I was in the kitchen drinking some water.

"Coming!" I hobbled out of the kitchen while putting my niqab on. Mom was standing by the front door wearing a black abaya and a matching hijab. she was also fixing her niqab. She looked beautiful mashallah.

" Where's Yusuf?" I asked

"He left with Jamal a while ago." Jamal is our neighbor and although he's muslim he's folks are not but they support him fully. I just pray that one day they'll accept Islam too because they're really good people.

We left the house and went to the bus stop. Aunt hafsa used to live across from us but she moved away two years ago. Although we kept in touch I've never been to her new house. Mom visited her occasionally.

After what felt like a lifetime we finally reached her house. Mashallah, It was a beautiful light gray house that looked really cozy. The front lawn had a big oak tree that offered the white bench underneath with ample shade.

I locked my left arm with my mom's right as she knocked on the door. The door was yanked open revealing a smiling Aunt Hafsa.

" Assalamu Aleikum sister!" Mom beamed with happiness evident in her voice.

" Wa aleikum salaam my dear, come on in please." Aunt Hafsa said opening the door wider.

"Assalamu aleikum aunt." I said shyly.

" Oh Ahlam!" She hugged me "Wa aleikum salaam. How are you honey?"

"I'm good Alhamdulillah." Please, please don't ask me another question. Please. I squeezed my mom's hand discreetly.

"Come let's sit down." Aunt Hafsa said. We followed her into the living room. I sat next to my mom on the black leather couch.

" You can remove you're niqab honey. It's just us." I realized mom had already removed hers. With fidgeting hands I took off mine too and lowered my gaze self-consciousedly.

" So Hafsa what was it you wanted to tell me? Is anything the matter?" Mom asked after a series of random small talks.

" Oh yes, actually can I talk to you first before the rest get here?" Aunt Hafsa asked nervously. Why was she nervous? And why did she keep stealing glances at me?

"Sure." Mom nodded her head. "Honey I'm I'll be back." No! Please don't leave me alone mom.Please.

"Ok ." I nodded my head.