Chapter 3

"Okay so let me get this right," Ashley looked at me with a confused look, "Simon Cowell, from the X Factor is your uncle." I nodded. "And you have to live with him? In England." "Yes," I sighed, "Because my... p-pa-parent's.. are..." "I know, I know," Ashley interrupted me by hugging me as tight as she could. I started crying a river at the thought of both of my parents being dead. I can't handle this. Thank God I have Ashley. "C'mon, you can stay at my house until you leave. When do you leave?" I stopped crying for a second to answer her question. "Two days..." "TWO DAYS?!" She hopped off the bed and ran around my room screaming. "You can't leave in two days! That's Monday! No!" "Yes!" I shouted back, "I don't want to leave either but I have to! He's in my parents will!" Then Ashley started crying too. She fell onto my bed and tackled me in a hug. "You've gotta stay Taylor. You keep me I'm in line." This was true. I was like the mom of our group of friends. The responsible one. Without me, Ashley and Leah are gonna end up pregnant, or dead. I giggled slightly, then pushed her off of me. "Well, you gotta help me pack," I said, getting off the bed and opening my closet door, "Everything." I motioned my hands from the closet to the three large suitcases I found in the basement. She frowned and hopped off the bed too, grabbing stuff and throwing it in my suitcases sloppily.

After we got finished packing I went over to Ashley's house and Leah came over too. We spent our last night together in Chicago. Our last sleep over for a while. But like I said, I think I'll get Uncle Simon to fly them to the UK. I can't not see them for the rest of my life.

"Wake up, wake up, wake upppp," Leah was screaming in my ear. I sat straight up and pinched her to shut her up. "Oooooowwwww!" she yelled. "You know I'm cranky in the mornings Leah," I rolled my eyes and got up to go to the bathroom. I was on the toilet when Ashley opened the door and threw a bathing suit at my feet. "Put this on!" she yelled as she shut the door. "Why?!" I yelled back. No response. I finished using the toilet and slid on the bathing suit. Then ran my fingers through my hair. It desperately needed a wash, but I had I feeling I wasn't going to have time. I walked out of the bathroom and Ashley and Leah were standing in Ashley's room in their bathing suits. Ashley had a beach bag, and a boogie board, and Leah had a beach ball, and towels. "We're going to the beach!" they screamed in unision. "We have to have the funnest time we can while you're still here," Leah said, tossing me some sun glasses and a hat. I smiled. My friends are the greatest.

When we got to the beach we set up our towels and slathered ourselves from head to toe in tanning oil, even though it was a pretty cloudy day. The beach wasn't crowded at all because nobody goes on a Sunday morning in mid-August. It was just us and, "Josh Gramm! Is that Josh Gramm over there?!" I whispered into Leah's ear. She nodded. "What's so great about Josh Gramm? He's a nerd?" "A cute nerd," Ashley laughed and nudged my arm, "Perfect for Taylor!" They both linked arms and started walking his direction. "What are you guys doing?!" I shouted as I ran after them. "We're gonna be your wingmen," Ashley looked back and winked. I stopped dead in my tracks. Oh no. I quickly ran back to our towels and put on some sunglasses so I could pretend I was sleep. I looked over and Ashley and Leah were already talking to him. They pointed towards me and he looked at me and smiled. Busted... Ashley and Leah both waved at him and walked back towards me. "He likes you!" Ashley screamed, picking me up off the sand and pushing me his way. "No!" I fought against her push. I was not very good at flirting. Ashley's eyes got big and I turned around to look at what she was seeing. Josh was walking right towards me. "I hate you!" I screamed at Ashley, then walked up to him. "I'm Josh," he smiled with his perfectly white, straight teeth. "I know," I said, "Uh, I mean hi, I'm Taylor." I shook his hand. What am I doing? Don't shake his hand, stupid. You're not signing a deal. He laughed and asked me if I wanted to go surfing with him. "I can't surf..." I looked down at my feet in embarrassment. "I'll teach you," he grabbed my hand and led me towards his stuff. I turned around and Ash & Leah gave me a thumbs up. I can't believe I'm about to go surfing with Josh Gramm...

"Babe that was amazing! You did great for your first time!" Josh slung his arm around me as we walked out of the water. "Shut up, I fell off so many times!" "It was cute though," he said. I looked up at him and smiled. When we got to the sand we sat down and talked for a while. Mainly about what colleges we were going to go to and what job we were going to have. "I'm dying to be in med school!" Josh told me excitedly. "No way! Me too!" I loved how smart he was. He was like perfect. I snapped back to reality for a second and realized the reason I was there. "Do you think they have med school in England?" I asked him. "Of course, why?" "Cause I'm moving there. Tomorrow." I looked up at him and my eyes started filling with tears. No Taylor don't cry, don't cryyy. "Oh my gosh." He hugged me tightly. "That's great for you, but terrible for me," he whispered into my ear and gave me chills. "Trust me, it's not great for me either3," I said, hugging him back. HIM, as in the guy I've had a crush on for 4 years who's just now noticing me. When it's too late.