seventy nine

January 6, 2018

"ashley! come here, honey! there's someone want to meet you!" i heard mom called me from downstairs.

i quickly exit my room, wondering who it is.

i was shocked when i saw someone sat on the couch.

"i will take the drinks for you two, okay?" mom said, giving me a smile before dismissing herself.

"hey." shawn stood up.

i walked towards him and asked, "why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"because i know you won't pick up my calls."

okay, he got me.

"why are you here?" i asked, avoiding eye contact.

i'm still mad.

"i need to tell you something," he replied.

mom walked towards us with two cups.

"green teas for you both," she giggled, "shawn, you drink green tea right?"

"yes, mrs. winston. thank you," he replied.

mom left leaving us to talk.

"remember when you said you're not my fan but a friend? and also remember when i said that i don't date fan?"

i looked at him and asked, "yeah, what about that?"

i grabbed the cup and sip on the tea.

"meaning i can date you, rose."

i swear to god i chocked on my tea when he said that.

"sorry?" i coughed.

"knowing you accidentally was one of the best thing had ever happened to me last year. you were there for me throughout the year. we chat till late night, we laughs and all. despite how busy i am, we just have time to talk on phone. i'm here to confess that i'm in love with you, ashley rose winston."

"i-uhm i i."

im speechless for god sake. all this one i thought it was one sided.

"wait you can tell me later. i'm going to take something from my jeep."

with that he left the house with the hood on. in case anyone caught him.

"okay, ashley, breath in breathe out. he likes you too and that is a good thing. don't stutter just confess your love towards him," i said to myself. i was blushing when he said he like me back.

inner me was screaming with joy.

"ashley." i turned back to face shawn who were kneeling with three roses on his hands.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

i always thought i would end up confessing first. i didn't expect him to did it first.

"yes!" i accepted the roses and hugged him.

"do you know why i gave you three roses? cause it stands for i love you," he grinned.

"aww cute. i love you too. i didn't regret dialling the wrong number."

"glad you called hotline mendes," he said.

i laughed when i remembered his cute voicemail.

is this how it felt when someone you like, likes you back?

it feels amazing.

iamashleyrose

♥ Liked by shawnmendes, tonyishere, itssamanthablue and 90,612 others

Liked by shawnmendes, tonyishere, itssamanthablue and 90,612 others

iamashleyrose issa yes boo 🌹✨
view all 81K comments
tonyishere OMG I NEED DETAILS ASAP
itssamanthablue AW YES BBY CONGRATS 😍
shawnmendesupdates IS ASHAWN OFFICIAL?!
mendeswhat CONGRATS GUYS! 😊
shawnmendes i love you, babygirl ❤️