2: Attacks and Cars

Qatar — The Middle East. 

"Oh, God, five months of this. I can't wait to get a little taste of home. A plate of mama's alligators étouffée... Mmm," Fiqs fantasized over the thought of his moms cooking like he had been for two weeks.

"You've been talking about barbecued 'gators and crickets for the last two weeks. I'm never going to your mama's house, Fig. I promise" Epps paused before continuing, "Except Mel's Waffles sound amazing right about now." Nods from the team followed soon after, they all had had Mel's cooking more than once and Figs had to hold back a nod since they all loved her cooking. 

"Yes but Bobby, Bobby-" Figs tryed.

"I'm never going to your mama's house."

"Bobby, 'gators are known to have the most succulent meat."

"I understand that," Epps told him as Lennox rubbed his temples annoyed as Figs started speaking in Spanish.

Epps started to mimic Fig's Spanish words having heard it so much he knew how to pronounce it but not know what it meant, "English, please. English."

"I don't- I mean, how many times have we don't speak Spanish. I told you that," Lennox tryed so happy that Mel didn't speak Spanish, even though he knew she was trying to learn so she could translate.

"Why you got to ruin it for me, man? That's my heritage," He continued to speak in Spanish.

"Fine. Go with the Spanish. Whatever." 

Donnelly perked, "Hey, you guys remember weekends? Huh? The Sox at Fenway. Cold hotdog and a flat beer."

"Perfect day," Figs agreed before turning to Lennox and Epps, "What about you, Captain? Sargent? You got a perfect day?"

Before they could even get one word out Donnelly opened his mouth, "I bet its that they can't wait to see Mel," Epps and Lennox blushed making the team burst out in Awww's, "they are adorable, how is she by the way?"

"She's good, had a little scare from her heart last week but she hit 7 million subscribers on her Youtube Channel," Lennox told them.

"she's in the big leagues," Epps added.

"I knew she was good, but I didn't think she was that good," Donnelly sarcastically said getting light glares as the plane landed.

Base Soldiers consisted of various chatter as they walked through the base, Epps headed for the court. "Hey, I'm ready to do this. Hey, any of y'all grow some balls, come see me on the court, man."

"Hey, hey!" A soldier yelled trying to block Epps. (I know literally nothing about basketball) 

"Watch this crossover, baby. Like Jordan in his prime, pushing through the front line."

Fig "Step aside, ladies." Figs said as went in to shoot a hoop. (probably the wrong terminology but I'm trying)

"Lennox!" A little boy named Mahfouz yelled as he ran up to Lennox with a bottle of water in hand.

"Hey, how you doing?" 

"Water?" Mahfouz asked as he held out the water which Lennox graciously took.

"Oh, thank you. Are you gonna help me with the gear?" Lennox asked getting a nod and a smile.

________________________________________________

"My Sister on?" Lennox asked as he walked into a room with a computer.

"Yes, Captain."

Lennox nodded before walking over to computer sitting down, "Ahahaha! My ladies!"