Merry Christmas - extension

Lennox and Epps' ending

Mel sat on her couch reading an old Christmas story. It was one of her favorites, the nutcracker.

She had made it a little tradition by accident, to read the story every year at Christmas time. She was never tired of reading it, in fact she found the story to be world transporting.

Lennox and Epps made it their tradition to watch Mel get lost in the story. Her faces of wonder and fright made them sore above it all with adoration for her.

This time, however, Lennox nor Epps were around. But they had switched out the beloved story for a recreation that they had wrote themselves with minor changes.

They had changed it so there were two nutcrackers, and Mel was ____. Minor but still. The last thing they changed was the ending.

Instead of the original it was now that the nutcrackers had professed their love for ____ or Mel. It had a written question on the end page.

Be ours?
Yes or no

Once Mel got to that page she was already blushing a soft candy cane pink. The story was something else, a work of art in her eyes that she would treasure forever.

She circled her answer with a loving smile.

Looking up she saw her army boys in the door way, smiling softly at her. She got up, placing the open book on the couch before walking over to the boys who suddenly grew nervous.

"Of course you dummies." Mel laughed softly at the look of 'confusion, relief, and pure happiness ' in that order, that graced both boy's faces.

Lennox kissed her with pure joy while Epps kissed her cheek.

Extended

"That was hard," Epps said as he leaned against a door frame, his fingers a rosy red from the countless hours of typing.

"Did you guys really type all of that?" Mel smiled with a heart warmed expression.

"Yeah," Lennox blushed.

"Worth it to see your face," Epps chuckled.

Bonus

"Did she get to the page?" Lennox asked giddy for the 18th time that minute. He was like a child going to the ice cream Shop.

"No she- nevermind she just got there," Epps whispered with a slight smile and annoyance at Lennox.

They were like squealing kids waiting for someone to find their surprise that they made. You know, the feeling of giving someone a gift and waiting for their reaction.

--------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS! OR WHATEVER YOU CELEBRATE! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I hope you all liked it