8: I couldn't think of a name for this chapter

"So..." Sam started as Mikaela was silently crying beside him.

"What did they get you for?" The Australian accented woman named Maggie asked.

"Uh- I bought a car. Turned out to be an alien robot and our friend is a half-alien robot and now is on death row." Sam explained making Maggie's mouth go agape with shock while Glen mouthed wow. "Who knew?"

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Optimus sighed as he held up the glasses that Mel had dropped, "Please. Let this work."

"Fire it up, Optimus." Jazz told him with less spunk than normal.

Optimus nodded and scanned the glasses, "The code... The code on these glasses indicates the All Spark is two hundred and thirty miles from here."

Ratchet looked at him, "I sense the Decepticons are getting ready to mobilize."

Ironhide agreed, "They must know it's here, as well."

"What about Bumblebee? Mel? We can't just leave them to die and become some human experiment! Your sister is going to be killed! Why are you so calm?!" Jazz yelled out in anger.

"They will die in vain if we don't accomplish our mission. Bumblebee and Mell are brave soldiers. This is what he would want." Optimus told them.

"Why are we fighting to save the humans?" Ironhide growled, "They're a primitive and violent race."

"Were we so different? They're a young species. They have much to learn. But I've seen the goodness in them. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You all know there's only one way to end this war. We must destroy the Cube. If all else fails, I will unite it with the Spark in my chest."

Ratchet looked at Optimus like he was insane, "That's suicide. The Cube is raw power. It could destroy you both."

"A necessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes... It's been an honor serving with you all. Autobots, roll out!"

Jazz transformed, "We rolling!"

________________________________________________

Lennox saw Keller, "Team attention! Present arms!" Lennox and his team sulluted.

Keller nodded, "At ease. Captain, Sergeant. Got your intel. Excellent work."

"Thank you, sir. What about the gunships?" Lennox asked.

"They're being retrofitted with sabot rounds now. If they hit us again, we'll be ready for them. But, uh, it won't do us much good if we can't get world communications back up."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Simmons had a sickening smile plastered on his face as he stood by Banachek, "Hey, kid. I think we got off to a bad start, huh? You must be hungry? Do you want a latte? Ho-Ho? Double venti macchiato?"

"Where's my friend and car?" Sam asked with a snarl.

Banachek took this chance and stepped in, "Son, I need you to listen to me very carefully. People can die here. We need to know everything you know. We need to know it now."

"Okay. But first, I want my friend off death row, I'll take my car, my parents. Maybe you should write that down. Oh, and her's and my friend's juvie record. That's got to be gone. Like, forever." Sam demanded.

"Come with me. We'll talk about your car and friend." Banachek waved for them to follow.

They followed behind as Mikaela came up to Sam saying a quiet, "Thank you." Sam nodded as they walked.