Elora

I sat down at a table across from the girl that apparently went by the name of Elora. She looked at me shyly as she bit into her apple. I looked down at the plate in front of me. A peanut butter jelly sandwich and an apple. They actually took the time to make a sandwich for us. I looked back up at her.

"I'm Emerson." I told her reaching my hand out to her. She swallowed her bite of apple and sat it down on the plate, wiping her hand on her gown. She placed her hand in my hand and shook it.

"Elora."

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"The same reason you're here." she told me picking her apple up again.

"Wait, how do you know why I'm here?" I felt someone sit down, next to me. Elora looked frightened looking at whoever it was. I slowly turned my head to see who it was. It was a man in a lab coat. He had ginger hair just like Elora but dark brown eyes instead.

"Hello, Emerson." he smiled at me. It was the same voice that was on the phone with my dad that one time, when I figured out I had powers.

"Who are you?" I questioned.

He smiled softly. "I'm your friend. I'm the head of this whole experiment."

"So it's your fault I'm here?" I scoffed and looked at Elora then back at him. "And her?"

"Emerson, I am not your enemy here. So you don't have to worry about a thing." He smiled. I gave him a mean look as he got up and left.

"Who exactly is he?" I turned to Elora.

"You heard him, the head of this whole thing." She rolled her eyes.

"But who is he?"

"Look, he's already told you who he is. What more do you want?" She slammed her apple onto her plate.

"He has a name doesn't he?" I asked her.

"Probably." She shrugged.

"So what is it?"

"You know what? I'm actually really full. I think I'm done eating. I'm ready to go back into my confined prison that they call my home. away from everyone. My dad not even caring about me." She stood up. "It's called betrayal." She scoffed.

"Your dad?" I asked, she froze. "He's your dad?"

She gulped, it was so loud even I could hear it. "Yeah, what's it to you?" I stood up and leaned over the table.

"They have my dad locked up. He wouldn't let them take me-"

"Oh wow, look at you. You have a perfect dad who loves you." She rolled her eyes.

"We can work together and get out of here. Get my dad out of here and you can live with us. You'll have a dad who loves you. he'll take you as a daughter." I whispered looking her in the eyes. She looked at me for a moment and sighed. She looked around at the guards who had to watch us. It was weird. We were in a small room at a table, eating with guards watching us.

"I've tried to escape before. It's no use."

"Elora." I sighed. She turned to a guard.

"I'm full." She turned around as they placed hand cuffs on her.

"Elora." I whispered. She slowly moved her eyes off of me as they left.

I sat down and poked at the food.

                   ________________

"Emerson." The lady who I first met walked into my room. This time she was in a lab coat. "Time for testing." She walked up to me and told me to hold out my hand, I did. She placed a bracelet sort of thing around my wrist. Like you get at a hospital. It had the number, '3' on it. Then she placed hand cuffs on me.