The Escape

"What's your powers?" I asked Elora as I took a bite of the scrambled eggs the cook had made for breakfast.

"Teleportation and laser powers." She mumbled.

"You can shoot lasers out of your eyes?"

"Yeah." She raised her eyebrow.

"How old are you?" I questioned.

"Sixteen." She replied.

"Me too." I smiled, I tried making conversation with her but it was hard. She wasn't trying to have a conversation with me back, let alone get to know me.

All of a sudden there was a loud crash sound from outside the small room we were in.

"What was that?" Elora was startled.

"Aren't you guys going to check?" I asked the guards.

"There's people who do that."

"But what if it's right outside the door?" I questioned. He raised his eyebrow at me. I walked up to the other one. I placed my hand on his arm, looking for a key or something to get this collar off of me. I had a plan. I spotted a remote on his belt. "Shouldn't one of you check?" He sighed.

"I'll check." I nodded and sneakily grabbed the remote as he walked by, without anyone noticing. I checked the other ones belt, he didn't have one. I clicked the button that said, 'unlock'. I felt the collar loosen. Elora watched me confused. Then she felt her collar, relief washing over her face. did this unlock both of ours? She grinned.

"Hey guard." He looked at her. Her eyes turned bright green. Then he looked at me to see the remote in my hand. "Tell the officers that I sent you." I watched as he vanished. I slowly looked over at Elora who was smiling. Her bright green eyes faded to her dark forest green eyes.

"Where'd you send him?" I questioned, my eyes wide.

"Just...Prison." She got up and ripped the collar off of herself and then off of me.

"Now what really was the sound?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. Let's go look for it." she walked to the door.

"Wait." I said. "What if the guard is still out there. There's other people here too." I told her.

"We have powers now." She smiled, her eyes turning bright green. Once the collar was off of her she seemed different, she definitely seemed happier. She swung the door open and we walked out, right away another collar was placed on Elora's neck by...her dad. Alarms began sounding.

"Nice try, Elora." He held her close to him.

"You can't keep me here forever." She whispered.

"I can keep you here for however long I want you to be here for." he smiled.

Elora looked at me, "Emerson!" She screamed to warn me. But it was too late, the lady placed the collar onto my neck again. I saw something red in the corner of my eyes pass by in the halls. Then the red thing was right above me. It was spiderman. He placed a finger over his mouth telling me to be quiet. He shot his webs, hitting both the lady and Elora's dad's faces. Elora's dad let go of her and tried to rip the web off of his face. Spiderman then sent both of them onto the wall next to us. They wiggled and tried to get out.

"Don't like feeling trapped, huh?" Spiderman jumped down and stood in front of them. Neither of them answered. The alarms were already sounding but then the fire alarms started. I looked at Elora scared and she looked at me frightened.

"Okay, we have to go now!" Spiderman told us.

"My dad." I spoke up, my voice cracking. "My dad is here."