Oh no! Elora!

The bright light from outside shown into my eyes. Fire fighters and hospital trucks were in the front of the lab with a couple cop cars. It felt good to get fresh air. It felt good to have the natural sunlight fill my eyes. I looked over at Elora who was loving the outdoors. I wondered when the last time was that she saw real sunlight.

Peter placed his mask back on.

"Peter, you were just in a fire. I don't think that's good for you." I coughed.

"I can't let anyone know my true identity." He ran his fingers through my hair. "Besides you." I wished I could see his face right now.

We got to the front. He set me down on the back of a hospital truck as directed by an officer.

"I'll meet you at the hospital. I'm going to go home and change." He whispered.

"Okay." I smiled. His hand slowly slipped out of my hand as he shot his web and swung away.

"Emerson!" My dad called as he ran up to me. "Are you Okay?" He placed his hand on my cheek and looked at me with concern. A hospital worker walked up to me and took my temperature, handing me a cold towel. I placed it on my forehead.

"I think I'll be okay." I smiled coughing.

"I'm glad." He smiled and looked at me for a second. "I'll be right back, okay?" He told me. I nodded smiling.

After the hospital worker left Elora who was in the back of a hospital truck next to me. She jumped off.

"Elora, where are you going?" I asked.

"I have to go back in there."

"Elora! No! The firefighters are getting whoever's left out! It's dangerous for you to go back in!" I warned her.

"I have too. I don't have a choice.

"I'll tell a firefighter."

"Don't." She told me.

"Elora-"

"Emerson, don't." Her eyes turned a bright green. "Promise? Promise you won't."

"Elora, what if you don't come out?" I felt a lump in my throat and tears fill my eyes.

"At least I was able to witness this small amount of outdoors before." She closed her eyes and then she vanished.

"We need to get you to the hospital Emerson." A man told me.

"Please don't forget Elora. My friend Elora! She has ginger hair and-"

"What are you taking about?" The man looked confused, scratching his head. "You and your dad and a couple workers were the only ones we got out so far."

"What?" I looked at him confused. "No, Elora. She's my age. Sixteen. She was just in that truck." I pointed to the one next to me.

"You're the only sixteen year old we've gotten out of the building." He looked concerned. "I really do think we need to rush you to the hospital. Let's get her out of here!" He told the driver and doctors.

                   ________________
I sat in the hospital bed, watching the door. Waiting. Waiting for Peter.

Then he walked in.

"Peter!" I shrieked in excitement, my voice crackling. He ran to me and gripped me into a tight hug. I slightly pulled away to place my forehead on his and smiled, looking into his brown eyes.

"You really did fix up, really nicely. Just to see me." I giggled.

"I want to look my best for you." He grinned and blushed. I leaned in giving him a peck on the lips, closing my eyes.