Part 1, Chapter III

Karmen: I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far!

Grim: Don't forget to vote.

I was lying down on the couch with my eyes shut. Thinking about stupid shit like "is the government watching me right now?" or "is my brother a murderer?" A bunch of crazy conspiracy shit.

"BANG!"

I opened my eyes and fell off the couch. I stood up and glared at Nolan. "Asshole..." I muttered.

"So, are you gonna explain everything to me or what?" Nolan asked.

After some lengthy explaining, the only reaction I got from Nolan was laughter mixed with disbelief.

I raise a brow at him, "what's so funny?"

"Teleportation? Cyborg dude and the government coming after you?" He laughs, "what kind of shit is that?"

I teleported behind him, "the real shit."

He turns around and jumps back. Looking at me in disbelief. "Jesus Christ."

"You believe now?"

"Yeah... does your brother know?"

"He's the first to know."

"Does he have powers?"

"No... I don't think so."

I stood there and put my hands on my hips. We looked at the TV, and the news was on.

"Hero or Criminal?" The news reporter continues, "in the city of Seattle, a masked vigilante lurks in the streets of downtown Seattle."

"What the hell?" I grab the remote and turned the volume up.

"Gangsters unconscious and hospitalized in downtown Seattle," said the news anchor, "the victims from the vigilante's attack call him Black Bandana."

"That's an odd name," Nolan commented.

"Shut up." I pay attention to the screen.

"Some say it's a grown man or a young teenager." A drawing of the vigilante came up on the screen. It was a sketch of a teenager wearing a bandana, a cap, and a high collar length trench coat.

"So this kid is causing fear in Seattle, huh? Like Batman?" Nolan asked.

"I gotta get back to Seattle." I grabbed my backpack and prepared myself to teleport.

"Wait, wait. I thought you were running from the CIA guys."

"Well, this guy is also a problem now."

"If you get involved, then it will become your problem."

"That's the plan."

"Wait-" Before he could finish. I was already gone.

I teleported to John's shop. I walked inside and sped to the door leading to the back. When I left in the back room, I saw John working on something.

"Oi, John?"

John looks back at me and stops working on whatever he was doing. "Where the hell were you?" He asked, "your maid keeps calling me every half-hour about 'ya."

I chuckled nervously, "hehe... I was visiting a friend from outside of the state."

"How come you didn't tell Claudia about that?"

"I told Cardo."

"Well, he rarely talks to anyone nowadays."

I sighed from his response and crossed my arms. "So, there's a vigilante here now?" I asked him.

He gives me a look, a disturbed one. "You heard about it too?" He asked.

I nodded, "were you able to identify the person?"

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Does it not make you feel curious?"

"I lost that feeling after the accident." He points at the robotic parts on his face, "why would you care if a kid runs around in a mask, beating up thugs?"

"It's a kid!" I shouted at him, "he's putting his own life at risk! Someone needs to stop him."

John looks at me with widened eyes; he quickly shut them. He chuckles to himself, "you'll care for anyone, even if they're a stranger." He looks at me. "How about you find this bandana guy yourself?" He asked.

I look at the floor, thinking about if I should or not. But I've already decided before I came back. "I will," I answered.

John smirks at me, "don't die." I smiled at him and teleported away.

Somewhere in the Pentagon

There were multiple people in a large room. All the men and women were wearing dress shirts and are looking at a large computer screen that had pictures of Bang and other kids.

A man in black enters the room. Everyone stops what they're doing and looks at him.

The Man in Black looks at them, "did you find him?" He asked.

One man stands up from his seat, "our satellites are having trouble locating the-"

The Man in Black grabbed the man by the neck and slowly strangled him. "I asked you to do one job," he snaps his throat as the body drops to the ground.

The Man in Black looks around at the horrified workers. "Okay... whoever finds the billionaire gets a raise."