"Slave" Part 18

I heard... Good morning... I turned to see Jarius smiling... Even I said "Good morning"... I saw Nigel already dressed up...
"Is there any work for the slave".. He inquired..

I said "do you know to cook.." . "Sorry... I don't..." he clarified..
"I thought so"... I said
"Today you will do the cleaning, washing and helping aunty's in household chores" ... I said
Stella when she came down... I had no idea... She was listening... To us... She said to me... "Please ask him to leave to college today...."
Jarius looked at me... Waiting for my order...
I said " no" .. Jayden will leave... I asked Stella to call up Jayden...
She nodded...
Bell rang... Jarius went to open the door... Jayden already stood there....
Stella asked him to drop us... He said "okay" ...
We all had our breakfast quietly..
I left Nigel in the van...
We all moved out... Except Jarius.. He had to do the work...
Jayden seemed to be upset.. He looked at me... Why is Jarius not coming..
I said....he lost the bet... So today he is working as a slave...
"Oh..!" he exclaimed..
I and Stella were quite.. In the car...
We entered the college..
Jayden left us... And disappeared..
I and Stella were about to enter the class... I got a message from Jayden.. Meet me alone at the corridors..
I said."..the class will start in 10mins.."
Please he said..
I sms "OK"...
I told Stella to go ahead... I am coming... Jayden wants to talk...
She nodded...
I went towards the corridors
I saw Jayden.. Walking to and fro... He look restless...
When he saw me... He came towards me and said.. "What is the matter with you"
...?
I looked at him confused... "And what is meant by that... "?
Jayden angrily said.. "Why are you always offending and acting heartless against Jarius.. Don't act like you don't understand anything.."
I looked at him and said.... "I have clearly told I am not interested in him or anyone...".. "He is your best friend... Put that in his small brain..." and walked towards the class..
Thank god... Sir had not come... I sat next to Stella... She saw I was angry and that time only sir came... Time flew... Lecture got over and I walked towards the ice-cream parlour..
I opened the parlour.. And started arranging.. That time I saw Jarius entering.. Jayden, Michael and Jonathan too.
"Oh! ... Good to see"... I exclaimed
Jarius and Jayden came near me.. "Any jobs to be done"? Both asked simultaneously..
I looked at them...."None"
"Ok...we will sit here... Till you want any help"... Jarius blurted
I nodded..
I saw Jarius putting his hoodie and Jayden sitting next to him...
I went towards their table... And said..to Jarius... "You are free from the bet..." You can leave... "
Now Jarius seemed pissed...he barked out..." Do you have a problem... If I sit here with my friend... "?
He sounded too harsh.." I felt embarrassed .. Said "sorry sir." ... And left... "
I sat at my counter... With the book... When customers came to order and pay... I just did my work.. and not once bothered to look at them...
Lunch time... I got up... Ate my tiffin... And sat quietly...
I saw Jayden eyeing me... They had ordered... and were eating.. And were sitting till 5pm..
Boss entered... He smiled and was thrilled to see them...
I did my work... And started to leave...
Immediately Jayden and Jarius started following me... Jayden said.. "I will drop you." .. I said... "fine"..
I got in.. Jarius followed..
As I got home... I said Thank you to Jayden and opened the gate..
I saw... Jarius following me...
I looked at him... "I have already relieved you of your bet... You can leave... "
Nigel and Einstein came running out... Nigel ran towards Jarius... And hugged him.. Einstein was whining and wagging his tail..
I went in to change... Had nice hot water bath... Wore a simple night gown.. Which was a simple black pajamas and top..
I saw Jarius was still there having tea, enjoying with Einstein and Nigel.. I walked down... Einstein came running towards me... I loved Einstein... He was my best buddy...
Aunt asked me... "how was the day"? .. She was praising Jarius.. Saying he helped a lot in cleaning,cooking and washing...
I nodded..
Jarius looked at me and said " sorry..."
I said for what..?
I shouldn't have yelled...
It's OK... I said..
Einstein wanted to go out... So I took Einstein tied his belt.. And thought of taking him to the garden... I said Nigel... Do you want to come to the park...
He was happy... He asked Jarius... Too..
I told aunty and left...
We all walked towards the park..
Jarius put his hoodie... And walked...
As it was getting dark... No one recognised...
We reached the park... I left Einstein and Nigel... I sat on the bench...
Jarius sat next to me...
I said... "Your parents... Don't ask you... Where you go... What you do." ..?
First time I saw his eyes... He looked too cute... To see him... I looked immediately in the front...
"Do you hate me so much... That you don't like to talk with me"... He said...
I looked at him once again... And smiled.."I don't love you too.."... "so the question of hate doesn't come..."
"Fine... From today onwards... I won't talk to you.. Will that be okay... "
"I looked at him and said..." It's your wish..."
He got up and walked away... I felt a pang on my chest.. .. He took something... I think its my peace of mind...
I felt hurt.. But kept my head straight...
Nigel came running.. Behind Einstein..
Nigel asked... Where is Jarius...?
I said he left for home... Let's go home..
I caught Einstein's belt and started walking..
Reached home... Auntie I and Nigel spoke watched TV.. Had dinner and went to sleep..
I woke up as my alarm rang... Did my morning duties.. And woke Nigel up... Dressed him up... Went to have tea and breakfast...
Left him in the van...
I started to go towards to catch the bus...
Bus came immediately... Entered I saw James was there too..
I sat next to him.. We spoke.. And as our stop came.. We walked towards the college.. I saw.... Jarius, Jayden, Stella, Marylyn, Elaina and Jack busy chit chatting.. Stella waved to me.. Jayden smiled... We both walked towards them..
Stella and Jayden...said... We tried calling you so many times.. But you didn't pick up...
Oh.. I checked my bag and realised I had left it home... I said sorry... Left at home..
Jayden looked at me and said..." Will you be attending the field trip... Organised by the college... To visit a village... To study about economy." ..? Notice is put on the board...
I asked him... "When it is"...? "Tomorrow morning.." . He said
Let's see...? I exclaimed..
Let's go... Bell will ring anytime... I said
We all started walking towards the class..
I and Stella sat together...
James and Jack front of us..
Jayden and Jarius were behind us..
Because Jayden was everytime passing a comment....
I smiled at him... And said enough... What you are bringing to eat tomorrow...?
He looked at me up and down...
You are not fat... Or pregnant... By any chance... Why do you want to eat...
I took my notebook and hit him hard...
He screamed loudly.. Stella was laughing... In fact the entire class was giggling..
Sir.. Entered... We wished him...
Sir... Smiled... And said... Each and every one has to attend the field trip... I hope you have read about it on the notice board...
Sir looked at Jayden and Jarius... And said.. You are the volunteers... You will keep an eye on each and everyone's safety.. Like medicines, checking the attendance... You can take the assistance of Marylyn and Elaina too.. Only of your class... I was quite.. I kept my head down...
I never wanted any headache on my head... So not once I looked when sir was announcing..
Tea and lunch will be provided...
All will form a group of 4 for the assignment. .. Sir said..
He was going according to the desk wise..
I knew I an Stella would be there.. But the other 2.. Let's wait an watch..
OK.... Sir said Jack and James, me and Stella.. I was happy.....Stella eyed me... Everybody will come to college by 6.30am...you can carry snacks... For yourself...