Chapter 1

Every time my dad leaves me here it gets worse. I feel worse. She hates me and I don't know what I did. My dad doesn't see it, she's an angel when he's around. I've tried so hard to be perfect for her but nothing works.

"Hey," Misha (my dad) said knocking on my partly closed door. "I'm leaving soon." I looked at him and shook my head, signaling that it was okay for him to leave. Again.

"Bring me back a souvenir." I tried to joke. I didn't want to stay here alone again.

"How about you come with me this time," Misha said grabbing a picture off of my desk. It was of me and him on our last trip together. "Just like old times." He smiled at me.

"Are you serious!" I yelled jumping. Misha nodded his head. I ran to my closet grabbing anything and everything I could. I pulled my purple suitcase out from under my bed and started stuffing it. After about ten minutes I had two suit cases filled with everything I needed and we were off.

"So, we have a new guy." Misha said pulling onto the interstate.

"Is he cute?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows.

"I guess, but, he is like ten years older than you." He nudged my shoulder.

"Better with age." I laughed. Misha looked at me with slight fear in his eyes. I put my earbuds in and stared out the window. Me by The 1975 came on. Watching the cars pass by I contemplated on weather I should stay in Vancouver or not. I turn 18 in a few months it wouldn't be illegal then. But would my dad let me?

————————————————————————

I woke up around 10:00pm when Dad pulled up to the Vancouver house. I grabbed my suit cases and headed to the front door, picked up the rock we kept the house key in and unlocked the door. I trudged up to the spare room that was mine when ever I stayed here and set my things on the floor by my desk. I looked around at my bare room taking in how much bigger it was than my other room.

"Hey dad!" I yelled down the stairs. Misha stood at the bottom staring up at me.

"What's up?" He asked crossing his arms.

"Tomorrow is a table reading day right?" I flipped my hair out of my face.

"Yeah, if you want you can come. It might be really boring though." He said slowly making his way up the stairs.

"What time would I be getting up?"

"Um, around 8 o'clock ," he said check his phone. "We have to be there at 10 o'clock and you take forever to get ready."

"Okay, and I don't take that long!" I shouted as he walked down the hall.

"Okay, yeah, sure." He laughed and walked into his room. I shut my door and put on my favorite sweatpants and hoodie to sleep in. I set my alarm for eight and went to bed.

————————————————————————

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*
I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock turning it off. I didn't realize how early 8o'clock really was. I stayed in bed scrolling through Twitter, Snap Chat, and Instagram. I got myself out of bed and walked over to bed to pick my outfit for the day. Finally settling on ripped jeans and a light blue crop top.

After showering I put on makeup, my black wedges, curled my hair, and walked down the stairs. My dad was already waiting for me holding two coffee mugs and the car keys.

"Well you look fancy today." Dad said.

"Gotta look fancy even if we don't go anywhere." I grabbed my cup and walked out the door. The trip there was short and boring, but it's always worth it. Jared and Jensen are like the two big brothers I never wanted.

"Emmy," Jensen said picking me up in a hug. "How's things been?" He asked putting me down.

"Not bad." I shrugged. Next was Jared's turn to hug me.

"What's up baby moose!" He yelled twirling me in the air. I still haven't figured out why he calls me "baby moose" but it's fine.

"So who's the new guy?" I asked fixing my hair and clothes that were messed up because of the guys.

"His name is Alexander Calvert and he's, well not used to us yet." Jared laughed. Just by the look on his face I new they had already started prancing him. I felt bad for the poor kid, he just started and they're already giving him a hard time.

"Do you want to meet him?" Jensen asked nudging my shoulder. I nodded my head and we walked to the table reading room. When we walked in he was sitting there readying his script.

'Wow he really doesn't know how things work here does he.' I thought. He looked up at us and smiled.

"Hey." He said flipping his script back to the first page. I waved unable to speak.

"Hey Alexander, this is Misha and his daughter Emmy." Jensen patted me on the back.

"Emerson, actually. But people call me Emery." I glared at Ackles. He smiled and sat down. We were early so there really wasn't anyone here but us. I couldn't take my eyes off of Alexander.

"So Emery," Jared said breaking my eyes away from the new guy. "What've you been up to lately?"

"Mostly sleeping and Netflix." I smiled. I looked back at Alexander, only to see him rapidly turn his head away. I looked down and pulled my phone out.

'Was he staring at me. No why would he be looking at me. I'm nothing and he's well he's hot. He probably has a girlfriend. Shit!" I yelled in my head. Soon I had to move away from the table so everyone could sit down. I sat in the corner for about three hours before we left to get food.
————————————————————————
"Hey, Emerson right?" Alexander said reaching his hand out.

"Yeah but call me Emery." I shook his hand. He smiled and nodded his head.

"So, you're Misha's daughter." He said as we walked to Wendy's.

"Yeah, I hope." I laughed.

"He's seems pretty cool."

"Yeah I guess." I kicked a rock as we waited for cars to pass.

"I guess?" He sounded shocked.

"Yeah I mean, don't get me wrong he's an amazing dad, he's just gone a lot. It gets boring without him around." I said running across the street.

"Do you not hangout with your mom?" I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at him.

"No, she's um, well she's dead." I said playing with the ring on my finger. Nervous habit I guess.