Chapter 10

I woke up to the sound of foot steps on the stairs. I sat up in panic shaking Alex awake. The groaned as I stepped off the bed and grabbed my bat from the side of the bed.

"Emerson what are you doing?" He asked grabbing my wrist as I walked towards the door.

"There's someone in the house." I opened the door and walked down the stairs ready to swing. I was at the bottom when I saw someone coming closer. Once they reached me I swung at them first hitting Alex, who I didn't know was behind me.

"Jesus Emery!" My dad yelled ducking down before the bat could hit him.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry,"I sat the bay down. "I didn't know you were coming home so early." Dad had been back home with Vicki and the kids for Thanksgiving. Alex and I were staying for the cast party, Vicki doesn't like hanging out with the cast so she made dad stay behind.

"I talked Vicki into going to the cast party." He looked behind me at Alex. He was laying on the floor rubbing his chin.

"Wait, she's here?" I asked helping Alex up off the floor.

"Yes, where else would she be. She making breakfast right now if you want some." He walked away. Alex groaned beside me.

"This will be an interesting weekend." I grabbed Alex's hand and walked back up stairs.

"You can fucking swing a bat, dude. Did you play softball or something?" Alex groaned as I pulled him into the bathroom.

"Yes, home run hitter," I flipped the light switch and looked at his jaw. "It will bruise and you're lucky I did knock you out." I laughed jumping up to sit on the counter next to the sink.

"So explain to me, again, why you hate Vicki?" He asked checking his already bruising jaw.

"It's a really long story. To put it short it's mutual," I started playing with my ring. "I know she hates me for sure, she told me when I was like 11. So of course if she hates me imma hate the bitch back." I smiled weakly.

"Are you okay. With her being here and all. We can leave for the weekend and stay in a hotel." He walked towards me and rubbed my arms.

"No, I'm fine I've dealt with it for years. I think I can handle it for a weekend. Plus, it will be great for you to see how bad she really is." I kissed his bruise and left the bathroom. I went back to my room and pick out clothes. I ended up choosing ripped jeans and a red long sleeved crop top. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and walked to the kitchen.

"You know Emerson, it wouldn't kill for you to clean every once in a while. Your dads letting you live here rent free, at least do the dishes." Vicki said as soon as I was in the kitchen.

"We'll keep that in mind." Alex walked passed me and lightly brushed my back with his hand. He turned around, winked at me, and smiled.

————————————————————————

"Do we really need to dress up." Alex yelled from the bathroom.

"Yes, it's thanks giving and everyone else will be." I yelled back. Alex walked into the room struggling with his tie.

"I need help." He pouted.

"You're a hot mess." I laughed

"Well I am hot, but I'm not that much of a mess." He joked as I fixed his tie.

"There," I patted his chest where his tie was. "All better." I finished my makeup and grabbed my dress.

"You guys need to hurry. Your dad wants to get there early and we don't need you holding us up." Vicki walked into my room.

"Well you're in my way so right now you're the one holding us up." I flashed a sarcastic smile at her.

"Watch your tone." She clenched her fist.

"Do I look like I'm singing." I said as I walked out. I made my way to the bathroom and changed. Alex picked out my navy blue, mid thigh, skin tight dress for me. I pulled my shoes on and walked down stairs.

"You ready?" Dad asked when I reached the bottom.

"Yeah, lets go." I grabbed my jacket and walked out the door. It was Dads idea for all of us to ride together. We all loaded up in the car and started our journey to the cast dinner.

————————————————————————

Wow I updated what a shocker. Sorry for the short update I've had major writers block. I hope you enjoyed 😘

-Shelby 🌹