Chapter 13

"Have you ever been cheated on?" Alex said taking another shot of tequila. Mixing alcohol and feelings was not a good idea but we kept talking about the deepest things. Taking one shot after the other.

"Yes," I took my shot, making a sour face as is slid down my throat. "My last relationship, well my last serious relationship."

"Oh. I don't understand the need to cheat." Alex laid down on the floor. We'd already gone through a bottle of wine and decided to bring out the hard stuff. How we ended up on the floor is beyond me.

"It didn't really affect me, he wasn't that great anyways so." I said playing with his hair.

"You know I would never do that," Alex slurred is words. "You're too pretty, and nice. Ha, you're pretty nice. Get it!" Alex started laughing at his joke. I smile spread across my face as reality began to sink in. It's wasn't the bad kind of reality check where the walls are caving in and you can't breathe. It's the kind where you feel the universe align and everything feels right. But that's always where things go wrong.

————————
Hi, it's a bit late but here's a short update. Left you with a cliff hanger so that I have motivation to write 😉.

P.S. - y'all I just read through all of my comments and I cried. You guys are so cute and so sweet I love all of you so much. I'm glad you're enjoying my book. (Even with my shitty uploading)💗💗

-Shelby 🌹