Chapter III

I closed my eyes, fear coursing through my veins. This can't be happening to me. Heart beating fast, I dug my nails into my hand. I struggled to breathe as he tightened his grip around my neck. His cold hand drew goosebumps along my arms, and I squeaked as I fought to get air.

His hand released my neck and pushed me away. I fell against the wall, gasping for air. Realizing he had let me go, I tried to run for the door, only to have him grab my arms and lift me up before slamming me into the ground. I let out a shout of pain and tried to struggle as he pushed his weight onto me, pinning me on the smooth hardwood floor. The scraping of a metal object on the floor made my body shudder in fear and tears fall from my eyes.

In a fearful panic, I thrashed against him once again, pushing past the suffocating pain. All it seemed to do was excited him as he chuckled and moved a knife from my own kitchen to my throat. My eyes flew open and I stared into his cold ones with absolute pain, fear and anger. His eyebrow raised as he stared at me. I refused to shut my eyes. If he was going to take my life from me, I wanted him to see how much I hated him for it.

The blade pushed down on my already bruised neck, drawing blood and sending me into a swirl of pain yet again. Suddenly, the knife moved away and the weight on my body lifted as he moved off of me. My eyes widened and I went to run when I got picked up, rolled over, and slammed into the hardwood floor yet again. I whimpered in pain and attempted to throw him off of me, but to no avail. Hard material, which I soon identified to be rope, was wrapped around my arms in a restraining manner, legs as well. Confusion ran through me and I shook in fear.

Myles look at me with a wide, sadistic grin. "I've got a better plan for you little girl. I'm not going to kill you today, I'm just going to make the rest of your time with me a living hell."

My heart raced in fear and my eyes rolled back into my head as I fell into welcome unconsciousness.

*******

    "Wakey, wakey, my darling Elouise. I want you to see this wonderful moment in my life." A sexy, masculine voice with a british accent drew me from my sleep.

    I hummed in response, a small smile forming on my face. As I moved to get more comfortable, a stinging sensation flew down my arms and I let out a scream of pain. My eyes flew open and I found myself tied to a metal chair, staring at a man chained and hanging from the ceiling in an empty warehouse. A clapping sound to my left alerted me to another presence. I turned my head to the side and saw Myles standing there in a suit with an amused grin.

    I pulled on my restraints and tried to scream out for help, but was unable to form words through the gag in my mouth. He simply clucked his tongue and moved forward, stroking the side of my face before I pulled away. He rolled his eyes and stalked past my chair to the unconscious man. Myles turned back to wink at me before taking the knife in his hand and plunging it into his stomach, eliciting a ferocious scream from the poor man, who suddenly sprung awake.

    I screamed through my gag, feeling bile grow in my throat and tears well in my eyes. I squeezed them shut, but quickly had them forced open by Myles. He shook his finger at me and ripped up pieces of scotch tape. Taping my eyelids open, Myles looked me up and down and nodded with satisfaction.

    "Ah my little Elouise, you don't get to shut your eyes," Myles laughed as he slit a line across the man's cheek. "I want you to see this beautiful torture. The thing that brings me enjoyment, excitement and arousement."

    Horror filled me as I began to recognize what he was saying. He's not just a sick bastard, he's a goddamn fucking psychopath. I slammed my body back, trying to get out of the chair, or at least knock myself out. Myles laughed at my sad and terrible attempts and simply attacked the man again. The slicing of flesh kept me awake for hours on end. Everytime I thought Myles was done, that the man was dead, he would scream out in pain and Myles would chuckle with enjoyment.

    Eventually, Myles seemed to take pity on me, and ripped off the tape, allowing my eyes to shut. They fluttered briefly before I dived into sleep. In my dream, I was back home with my family. I was in our old tree house in the backyard, sitting next to Azaria. She smiled at me and slapped me on the shoulder.

    "Elouise! You're so inappropriate! God I don't think of Mason that way!" She giggled, blushing brightly.

    I rolled my eyes at her. "Sure little sister. That's why you're constantly searching the room for him, staring at him when he enters and trying to impress him with your clothes."

    Azaria scoffed, "Whatevs."

    I giggled and grabbed her, pulling her over to me and rubbing her head teasingly. Mom called out for us to come down and get some food. I swung down on the rope and landed on the ground before running to get to the house before Azaria did. Beating her, I sat down at the table smiling at my parents. Five minutes into dinner, the front door opened and Julian walked in, sitting next to me. I smiled at him with a smile.

    "Happy 21st Birthday, my beautiful fiance." He whispered.

*******

    "AHHHHHHH!" I screamed as freezing cold water hit my sleeping body.

    "Ah, I'm sorry love. Did I wake you?" Myles grinned at me before dumping out the rest of the bucket onto my head.

    I shivered, my skin soaked to the core, goosebumps covering my body. My naked skin froze against the steel chair. . . my eyes widened in shock as I realized that I was now naked. I struggled to cover myself, anger filling me when Myles laughed. Huddled on the chair, I looked up at him, noticing suddenly that the man who was previously hung from the ceiling, was now gone.

    Myles observed my gaze with a grin. "Aw babe, miss the show?"

    A disgusted feeling fell over me and I glared at him with undisguised hatred. He walked up to me, laughing as I shrunk back, and removed the gag from my mouth with a hard tug. He tilted my head back and poured water down my dry throat. I coughed loudly and spit the majority of it out before settling down.

    "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT WITH ME?!" I croaked out in a screaming manner.

    Myles grabbed my chin, "Now, that's no way for a lady to talk."

    A strange feeling of confidence hit me, harder than ever before. "Fuck you."

    "If you wish." Myles laughed.

    My confidence depleted and I screamed as he moved near me mockingly. I suddenly remembered how shy I really am, and retreated into my shell. Myles disappeared behind me and soon appeared with the man from before, dragging him behind with a rope. Lifting him and hanging him back on the hook from the ceiling, Myles turned to me with another sadistic laugh.

    "Ready for round two, my love?"