nine

(song for chapter: Stuck With Me - The Neighbourhood )

This party is two blocks away from the house, the whole time I walked with my head down. I'm trying not to look at Josh. After only a few minutes of being there, we all split up. I guess that's a good thing so I won't get caught up in Josh. I check the kitchen to make sure no one's there and then I walk in and go to the fridge. I grab a beer and slip out. I walk around the first floor, taking frequent sips, and looking around at everyone. None of Josh's familiar yellow hair.

I walk down a hallway, there's only one door. I want to be alone. I knock.

"Hello?" I call out.

No one responds so I walk in. A staircase going down. The steps creak quietly while I walk. The basement isn't cold and creepy like you'd expect. It was actually nice. There's a fireplace and a white couch and a glass coffee table. There's a bunch of book cases. I hear footsteps and I hide behind the staircase. I watch a figure walk across the room and sit on the couch. They have a hood on. I creep to the other side of the staircase to go back up. I place my foot softly on the first step and it makes a loud noise. The figure shoots it's head around to look at me.

"Tyler?" They say.

I turn and stare.

"Sorry I didn't know you were down here." I say.

"O-oh it's alright." He says.

Another figure walks by.

"Tyler?" She says.

"I'll show myself out." I say.

Nathan and Bianca. Together in the basement. I don't wanna think about it so I quickly run back upstairs and close the door behind me.

The music is louder than before and there are more people. I keep wandering. When I finish my adventure on the first floor I walk upstairs. There are less people up here but still a lot. I float into this secluded lounge type room. This one has a fireplace and another couch to and it's own separate bar. I stand in the doorway and watch, yet again, another figure go to the couch. They stumble and almost fall.

"Hello?" I ask softly.

They look around the room.

"Who's there?" The voice is familiar.

I know who it is. He starts hiccuping.

"Tyler." I say.

He turns around and stares at me. His eyes are red and his skin is pale.

"Oh hey man." He slurs and wipes his eyes.

I take a few steps closer to get a better look at him.

"You alright?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He drags the o while he speaks.

"You're all alone up here, your eyes are red, you're well drinking." I say.

"You're drinking toooo." He points at my bottle.

"Josh are you alright?" I ask, taking a seat next to him on the couch.

"Bathroom!" He practically shouts.

"W-Wha-" I start.

"Help!" He says.

I put my bottle down and help him stand. He drops his bottle on the floor and it spills. I help him walk across the hallway into the bathroom. He drops down and hurls right into the toilet. I pat his back and hold his hair out of his face.

"This is the second time I've done this y'know." I chuckle.

He doesn't respond, he's too busy tossing everything in him into the toilet. When he's finished up, he leans against the wall. I flush and grab some toilet paper to wipe his mouth.

"Here." I say.

I grab a piece of mint gum from my pocket and hand it to him. He chews slowly.

"Let's get you home." I say. "Can you walk?"

He shakes his head. I pick him up and walk him out. I text Bianca to let her know where I'm going. He can barely keep his legs straight.