A4

[

[...]

THOMAS DISCUSSED with Newt and Minho. The moment Rat-Man had left the room, Thomas leaned in close to the other two so only they were able to hear him.

"Even if I did trust those shanks, why would I want to remember? Look what it did to Ben, Alby and Amelia," Minho testified. He squeezed Thomas' shoulder.

"We need to make a bloody move soon. And when we do, I'm going to knock a few heads to make myself feel better." Newt nodded. Thomas agreed with the blond's statement, but he knew that they had to be careful.

It had been a long time since Thomas had felt that sense of strength flow within him. He was reunited with his friends and this was the end of the Trials - permanently. Either way, they were sick and tired of how they acted like lab-rats for WICKED. Following every order, sacrificing their friends, letting WICKED control them.

WICKED took everything away from them. Now it's time to take back what's theirs.

The Golden Trio stood up and made their way to the door. Thomas put his hand on the knob to pull the door open. His heart sank as he overheard the conversations of others. The rest of the group were still debating. Most of them had agreed to get their memories back.

-

Rat-Man waited patiently for them outside the auditorium.He led the group down several turns of the windowless hallway until they finally reached a large steel door. It was heavily bolted and looked to be sealed against outside air. Thomas watched as Rat-Man placed a key card next to a square recess in the steel. The large slab of metal slid open with a grinding sound that reminded Thomas of the doors in the Glade.

There was a second door. Once the group had filed into the small area, Rat-Man closed the first door and opened the second. On the other side was a large room that looked nothing special. It had the same tile floors and beige walls as the hallway. There were many cabinets and counters. Along with several beds that each had contraptions with shiny metal and plastic tubes in the same of a mask hanging over it.

Rat-Man gestured towards the beds. "This is how we're going to remove the Swipe from your brains. Don't fret. The devices may look menacing but the procedure won't hurt nearly as much."

"So it does hurt you're saying," Frypan scoffed.

"Of course you'll experience minor pain. It is a surgery after all," Rat-Man replied to the chef. He began to explain how they'll be doing the procedure. Rat-Man pressed buttons and a buzzing hum filled the room.

Teresa piped up. "Is this going to take away whatever's in there that lets you control us, too?"

Different images came to Thomas. Teresa inside that shed in the Scorch. Alby writhing in bed back at the Homestead. Chuck jumping in front of Thomas in order to save him. Gally killing Chuck.