A8

[

[...]

BRENDA AND Thomas ran out of the surgery room into a maze-like corridor with a bunch of twists and turns. A thought ran through Thomas' mind as they sprinted down the hallways - a memory of when Amelia was leading him through the Underground. They reached a door. Thomas assumed that it was the waiting room to get Newt and Minho. Brenda swiped the keycard. The teenage boy burst through the door.

Rat-Man just so happened to be sitting on a chair in that room. The man's face tone was similar to a chili.

"What are you doing?" Janson yelled. A vein popped up on his neck.

"What do you think we're doing?" Brenda retorted. She rolled her eyes, firing two grenades towards the guards in the room. Newt and Minho tackled the third guard as the other two guards dropped to the ground.

Thomas aimed his Launcher at Janson, placing his finger on the trigger. "Give me your keycard then get on the ground with your hands on your head."

"This is complete lunacy," Janson commented. However, the man did what Thomas instructed. "You have zero chance of getting out of this complex. More guards are already on their way."

"After what we've been through, this is nothing. Thanks for the training. Now, another word and you'll get to experience - how did you put it? The worst five minutes of your life?"

Janson was about to speak but Thomas pulled the trigger before he had the chance. The enemy fell to the ground, smoke streamed out of his hair and clothes.

"Well, that sucks." Thomas shrugged.

"It supposedly won't kill him," Brenda informed, shaking her head slightly.

"That's a shame," Minho commented as he stood up after tying up the unharmed guard with his belt. "The world would've been better off."

"Let's go, we have one more person to save, you know? Thomas will kill all of us if we don't." Brenda rushed the three boys as if she was a mother hurrying her kids in the case of when they miss the bus. She was ready for a fight.

The boys followed her down more passages and up multiple stairs. It was tough to avoid the guards around the corners, but they managed. It was even tougher when alarms started going off.

"Who are we saving again?" Newt asked as they jogged down the corridor after corridor.

"Amelia," Brenda replied in monotone as she shot a guard and reached a door. The door had a sign with the words "AUTHORISED PERSONNEL ONLY" written in bold black texts.