Chapter 16

Fury, I was filled with fury as I stood on the sidelines watching the infuriating old centaur. I was tired of the games that all the elders felt it was necessary to play with me. I was beginning to feel like I was nothing more than a pawn on a giant game board.

If I was the one that was destined for greatness, then some people needed to start giving me clear answers.

“Centaur; come to the spirit plane now!” I felt the power in my voice as it boomed through the thin veil that separated the planes.

With a roar I watched a very angry centaur appear before me.

“What are you thinking? You are becoming a spoiled rotten hybrid just like your brother. You will not demand my presence in this plane again.” I watched the vein above his eyebrow pulse as he spoke.

“No you do not understand I have trusted you and gave you the respect of being called grandfather. I came to this plane expecting some answers and instead I have wasted almost a month of my time on this journey to have learned little to nothing. I want to return, and you are going to make that happen.” I made sure that my demand was clear. There was going to be no mistaking my desire, and need to return to my world.

“Your will be making a very large mistake if you go home.” He sounded almost sad as he spoke.

“Mistake or not I am going home tonight. I need to see my friends, talk to Leo, Alex, and Leah. It is time that a real leader stepped up in Atlantis. A leader that is going to do all that it takes to bring about a fair rule. A rule that is not based on the fates or their evil destinies; Selene was wise in remaining true to her heart. I will exercise my power to choose.” Again I filled my voice with conviction and clarity, for the first time in my life I knew what the future had in store.

“If that is what you wish, then I will grant that request. Close your eyes, and I pray that you know what you are doing.” As he spoke I closed my eyes focusing on nothing but the sound of his voice. It was broken, filled with grief, and fear. He was afraid of me.

- * - *- * - * -

Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh… Cold… Serene… Blackness…

Where am I?

Why can’t I see anything?

What is that noise?

Am I alive?

Can anyone hear me?

Stay calm Mia, there has to be an explanation. Let’s just think about what we know.

Number One: there is this constant whooshing sound.

Number Two: you can’t see or are in the pitch dark.

Number Three: Your mind is working so most likely you are not dead.

Number Four: It appears that no one can hear you.

That is out of the way, now what do I need to figure out? Where I am would probably be a good start. The last thing that I remember was Old Man Centaur telling me to close my eyes. I asked him to send me home. Home, home as in Atlantis home under the sea, wait I have it! The whooshing sound I am hearing it is the waves.

Waves, that means that I am in the ocean. Now the darkness and being dry I must be inside of something. If I am actually inside of something the question now the question becomes how to get out. I could try rolling it maybe it has a lid, or a door. Here it goes 1, 2, 3 roll.

Ouch! That hurt, that plan was a fail. Rolling the container only results in my head being smashed painfully into the sides; I am not trying that one again.

My hands, and feet duh! I can figure out how big this thing is. Finger tips touching what I am going to call the top, stretch my legs, I can’t reach. Hmmm, this is longer than I am. How wide is it? Uhphf…. Not that wide, just beyond my shoulders. I can’t feel any corners either. So I am in some sort of tube.

Now what?